Growing Up With Hello Kitty licensed

  • Codename
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2012
      Growing Up With Hello Kitty just got licensed...by AnimEigo, of all people.

      http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-01-06/animeigo-adds-growing-up-with-hello-kitty-anime

      http://www.animeigo.com/hk

      I mean, its a pre-K children's show so I don't think it was very marketable. Though this does mean they can sell it in Toys'R'Us and such. The whole thing is just two OVA's which are 45 minutes each.

      Many were surprised that they were licensing something new, they'd kind of drifted into the background over time. Which is kind of strange when you think back that AnimEigo was one of the first major anime distributors going back to the Streamline era, before FUNimation and ADV existed.
    • mayor_light
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2012
        Certainly a surprise move from the company that brought us the original Bubblegum Crisis and (until last year) Urusei Yatsura.

        I'll admit, I thought they'd all but switched to samurai movies altogether.

        Hopefully their gamble pays off.