At long last, I got the date to Bon Odori July 30, 2011

  • Robert A
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2011
      Hello Everyone
      .
      I've been wanting this information for a very long time. If the Lord is willing, I will be at this event for sure. I have been going to conventions now for thirty years. I've gone to Bon Odori in the past and had a super time. Here is the information:

      27th Bon Odori Festival (Charlotte, NC)
      When Sat, July 30, 11am – 4pm
      Where Wells Fargo Atrium, 301 South Tryon St., Charlotte, NC 28202 (map)
      DescriptionThis is our 27th Bon Odori Festival. We have lots of Japanese cultural demonstration such as Calligraphy, Tea ceremony, Origami, Yukata fitting, Japanese style lunch box, Japanese drum "Taiko" performance and so on. FREE, please come join us! For details, contact 704-333-2775 or jacharlotte@... or visit http://www.geocities.jp/jaclttest/index.html .
      .
      I did podcasts at last year's Bon Odori. Sadly, the recordings are not too long. Here are the links on Youtube:
      .
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFTT0qrmWkE
      .
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sbCA9azTYA
      .
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA9jEaM7lgI
      .
      We also have pictures of that event from last year. Please go to this link:
      .
      .
      Here's another outstanding link so you can the seen a show at Bon Odori.
      .
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0ZFvXNiW0I
      .
      I have also recorded a new podcast today and dedicated it to the memory of Jeff Conaway. Here is the link:
      .
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMJwRJHDl5U
      .
      In this podcast, I talk about Fanszine and Doujinshi (Japanese fan comic).
      .
      Here are some information links out of Japan. May you have fun checking them out today.
      .
      http://www.jpopasia.com/news/am2-to-screen-the-film-mai-mai-miracle::7131.html
      .
      http://www.tokyograph.com/news/kamikawa-takaya-takashima-masahiro-asano-kazuyuki-inoue-waka-added-to-arakawa-under-the-bridge#more-20226
      .
      http://www.tokyograph.com/news/mizuki-alisa-to-star-in-hanawake-no-yon-shimai-drama-series#more-20216
      .
      http://www.tokyograph.com/news/akb48-to-hold-first-dome-concerts-in-saitama-this-july
      .
      http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-05-31/anime-expo-to-host-voice-actress-and-singer-miyuki-sawashiro
      .
      Cameron picked out the anime series for the June 18, 2011 meeting. We will be watching Karas.Animation done by Tatsunoko Production. Directed by Keiichi Sato.
      English voice cast: Steven Staley and Julie Ann Taylor. Julie is best remembered
      for her voice work in these anime series: Ai Yori Aoshi, Bleach, and Gate Keepers.
      We will be meeting in front of the Books-A-Million store inside the Salisbury Mall.
      The mall is located at 1935 Jake Alexander Blvd., W. in Salisbury, NC 28147.
      We will meet at 5:00 pm and around 5:30 pm, we will be going over to a member's home to have our meeting.
      .
      July 17, 2011, NC Rowan County Anime Group meeting. Our member, JR, has picked out something for that month's showing. We will be watching the Secret of Kells. Directed by Tomm Morre and Nora Twomey. Music by Brouno Coulais & Kila. Showcasing the voiceworks of Brendan Glreeson, Mick Lally, Evan McGuire, and Paul Young. We will be meeting in front of the Books-A-Million store inside the Salisbury Mall. The mall is located at 1935 Jake Alexander Blvd., W. in Salisbury, NC 28147.
      We will meet at 5:00 pm and around 5:30 pm, we will be going over to a member's home to have our meeting.
      .
      The NC Rowan County Anime Group website:
      .
      .
      As you already know, the NC Rowan County Anime Group will be having a display set up on anime at the Main Branch of the Rowan Public Library for the whole month. To coincide with the display, the NC Rown County Anime Group will be hosting not just two events, but three for the month of August 2011.
      .
      On August 10, 2011, a Wednesday, the NC Rowan County Anime Group will be hosting a J-pop music video night at the Main Branch from 6 pm to 8 pm. This is our first act.
      .
      The second act will be a normal group meeting on August 20, 2011. Member Jimillia Wilson will be picking out the anime series called Clannad. On the english dubbed it showcases the voice work of Luci Christain, Shelley Calene Black, Greg Ayres and David Matranga. Animation done by Kyoto Animation Studio. Music by Jun Maeda, Mogoma Togoshi, and Shinj Orito.
      .
      Then, there will be the third act - a membership drive to be held at the Comic Monstore on August 27, 2011, from 1 pm to 6 pm. I have already made plans to have a new animation trivia contest set up with new questions.
      .
      Salisbury Mall Community Day will be September 10, 2011. From 11:00 am to 6:00 pm. The NC Rowan County Anime Group will be set up at this event.
      .
      September 17th, 2011, at the NC Rowan County Anime Group meeting we will be showing the anime series Arc The Lad. It showcases the voice works of Wendee Lee, David Lucas, Lex Lang, and George C. Cole.
      .
      At the October 15th, 2011 meeting we will be showing Deathnote.
      .
      The Salisbury Mall and NC Rowan County Anime Group will be hosting a Cosplay contest on October 30, 2011 (a Sunday afternoon) from 2 pm to 7 pm..
      If you'd like to see all the podcasts done by the NC Rowan County Anime Group
      on YouTube, please go to this website:
      .
      http://www.youtube.com/user/MrArtist24
      .
      Take care,
      Artist Robert Clyde Allen
      Co-President NC Rowan County Anime Group