Hi Tiffany ! We are having power blackouts in Rowan County today.

  • Robert A
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2011
      Hello Everyone
      .
      Last night we had a very bad storms here in Rowan County. Alot of power lines are down today. They close all Rowan County School for today with out power.
      .
      I had a very nice time at the FYE Anime on April 3 2011.A good bit of young people remember me from my panels that did at Ichiban Con 2 this year. I did do some podcast recording for the event. If you want to look at them please stop by these links:
      .
      204 podcast of the NC Rowan County Anime Group
      .
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r92wYaSntw

      .
      205 podcast of The NC podcast of the NC Rowan County Anime Group
      .
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryxaDE-Drg8
      .
      206 podcast of the NC Rowan County Anime Group
      .
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbwYtOstuzw
      .
      Japanese J-pop singers have been help out with Japanese disater . Please take time to read this link:
      .

      http://www.jpopasia.com/news/charity-event-raised-18-599-250-for-japan-disaster-\
      relief::5850.html
      .
      This year anime series Sailormoon is celebrating it's 20th Anniversary.
      .
      Here is link on the live action Arakawa Under The Bridege film.
      .
      http://www.jpopasia.com/news/arakawa-under-the-bridge-is-filming-live-action-dra\
      ma::5838.html
      .
      At long last Funimation has been sold. Here is the link:
      .
      http://www.mania.com/funimation-sold_article_129370.html
      .
      The next meeting of the NC Rowan County Anime Group will be held on April 16, 2011. We will be premiering the anime series called Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad. It showcases the outstanding voice work of Justin Cook, Greg Ayres, Johnny Yong Bosh,
      Brina Palenica, and Collen Clinkenbeard. Animation done by Madhouse Studio Japan. We will be meeting in front of the Books-A-Million store inside the Salisbury Mall. The mall is located at 1935 Jake Alexander Blvd., W. in Salisbury, NC 28147. We will meet at 5:00 pm and around 5:30 pm, we will be going over to a member's home to have our meeting.
      .
      Free Comic Book Day is May 7, 2011. The NC Rowan County Anime Group will be at the Comic Monstore from 11 am to 6 pm. We are asking for cosplayers to please come out and participate in this event. I want to get with Jimilla Wilson and Tasha Decker about designing a new display for Free Comic Book Day. The sad thing is, the display will have to be small one.
      .
      May 14, 2011: we will be celebrating Asian Heritage Month with a picnic of Japanese food.
      .
      May 19, 2011: we will be showing the anime series called Tide Line Blue. It was released over here on DVD by Bandi Entertainment. It showcases the voicework of Andrew Jenkins, Jayna Mitchell, Carol-Anne Day, Adam Hunter, Tommy James, and Elinor Holt. The story was created by Satour Ozawa who also worked for Studio Gonzo's anime series Blue Submarine 6. The opening theme music was done by Miami Kuribayashi.
      .
      May 20th marks the 8th anniversary of the NC Rowan County Anime Group website being up on Yahoo.
      .
      Website information for the NC Rowan County Anime Group:
      .
      .
      If you'd like to see all the podcasts done by the NC Rowan County Anime Group on YouTube, please go to this website:
      .
      http://www.youtube.com/user/MrArtist24
      .
      One last note: please don't forget Animazement is May 27-29, 2011. Two good friends of mine are guests at this event - Todd Haberkorn and Kyler Hebert. If you'd like more information, please visit this website:
      .
      http://animazement.org/
      .
      Take care,
      Artist Robert Clyde Allen
      Co-President NC Rowan County Anime Group