Weekend work

  • Robert A
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8 8:54 AM
      Hello Everyone
      .
      I hope that you are doing well today. Last weekend, I was busy working at Playmore Lanes in Statesville, North Carolina. There was a death in the family and I was helping cover for that person on their staff. I did talk to my sister, Lisa, and my brother-in-law Steven.
      .
      Yesterday, I got a package of flyers from Ichiban Con 3. On the flyer, it has listed that voice actor Vic Mignogna will be a guest at next year's show. Good timing on Ichiban Con's part - because we have some events coming up this month that we can pass out their flyers. Like this coming weekend at the Salisbury Mall's Community Day, March 12th, and the Cosplay picnic, and the March month meeting on the 19th.
      .
      Last month, I was a somewhat go between with an unnamed voice actor and Ichiban Con. I passed down information so they could contact each other. I don't know how the situation turned out between them. It could easily go sour both ways. The reason why I am not giving any names is I don't want to get peoples' hopes up about guests coming to the show. It's not my place anyway to talk about these things. I can do that after the event is over and done with, though. I did help one time getting writer and Time-Life photographer Ben Martin to a convention in High Point, North Carolina in 1998.
      .
      I've been in contact with JR on Facebook. JR is one of my members in the NC Rowan County Anime Group. We are both planning to go to the cosplay picnic on March 19, 2011 in Gold Hill, North Carolina. The time is from 12 pm to 3 pm.
      .
      I have been in a nice conversation with voice actor Bob Bergen on Facebook. Bob Bergen is best remembered as the voice of Porky Pig.
      .
      Robert Clyde Allen: Thank you for posting .I have a question Bob. If someone want you be guest at a convention- do they contact you or some else? Reason why I am asking people at conventions sometimes ask me about getting guests for there show. I don't know whom contact person is.
      .
      Bob Bergen :Hey Robert. People can contact me directly. ;-)
      .
      Robert Clyde Allen :Ok. Thank you for the information. Some Actors and Writers use agents.In my life time I've heard good and bad things about agents.
      .
      Bob Bergen :Well, I'm blessed to have good agents/manager. But for conventions, at least for me, there's no reason to get them involved.
      .
      Robert Clyde Allen: Bob. Don't have stay in contact with your agents? Then come question of your speaking fee and travel fee , hotel fee. Would not be good idea have your agent handle all that information . It make it alot easyer on you.
      .
      Bob Bergen If things get complicated I can refer people to my manager. But most of the time it's pretty straight forward.
      .
      Today is Bob Bergen Brithday. May he have many more.I am greatful for him taking the time to talk me.
      .
      I do want to remind the membership in the NC Rowan County Anime Group to please come out and participate in the Salisbury Mall's Community Day. Time is from 10 am to 5 pm. We have displays set up for this event and we will be passing out flyers about the NC Rowan County Anime Group and Ichiban Con 3. If any member wants to come out and cosplay at this event, please feel free. I have plans to show some J-pop, podcasts, and anime traliers at this event. We need you to come out and tell people why we are such a great group to hang out and have fun with. I can't keep doing this all by myself.
      .
      Yesterday, I did some podcastings for the NC Rowan County Anime Group. Here are the links:
      .
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptMNavZPKBA
      .
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuQhUri0Gkg
      .
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xo7DgxT9-A
      .
      I have also been watching some anime series. I'm done watching 801 Airbats
      and re-watching two episodes of Martain Successor Nadesico. I have seen all episodes of Firefly and Flyer the movie. I have also seen the two part OVA of
      Banner of the Stars 3. I want to be ready for Banner of the Stars 4 coming out in the spring over in Japan. You can check out the box set of Crest of the Stars and the box sets of Banner of the Stars volumes 1-2 at the Rowan Public Library for free.
      .
      We may be celebrating Asian Heritage Month on May 14th. I hope to be talking more with Co-President Tim Will at the Salisbury Mall's Community Day. I have also been busy trying to find information on the 27th Bon Odori Japanese Festival in Charlotte,
      North Carolina with not much luck at all. JR and I went to the 26th Bon Odori last year.
      .
      Don't forget Charlotte Comic Con on March 20th. Here is the website:
      .
      http://charlottecomicon.com/
      .
      On March 19, 2011, the NC Rowan County Anime Group will be showing the anime series called Initial D. We will be meeting in front of the Books-A-Million store inside the Salisbury Mall. The mall is located at 1935 Jake Alexander Blvd., W. in Salisbury, NC 28147. We will meet at 5:00 pm and around 5:30 pm, we will be going over to a member's home to have our meeting. At that Saturday's anime meeting,
      .
      In April, we are planning to show Beck: Mongolina Chop Squad. Animation done by Madhouse Studio Japan.
      .
      May 20th marks the 8th anniversary of the NC Rowan County Anime Group website being up on Yahoo.
      .
      Website information for the NC Rowan County Anime Group:
      .
      .
      If you'd like to see all the podcasts done by the NC Rowan County Anime Group on YouTube, please go to this website:
      .
      http://www.youtube.com/user/MrArtist24
      .
      In month of May: We have Free Comic Book Day on May 7th and also Asian Heritage Month, May 20th marks the 8th anniversary of the NC Rowan County Anime Group website being up on Yahoo.
      .
      Take care. May you have a very nice day.
      Artist Robert Clyde Allen
      Co-President NC Rowan County Anime Group