Re: Evangelion 2.0 DVD release

  • vtr9kvictor
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 11, 2010
      The license for the 2.0 release has not been announced yet. I'd bet on it being Funimation, but that's only because they got the 1.0 license, I have no supporting evidence on that.

      Also, discussing bootlegs on Tif's page = Bad Idea.

      --- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "muchacho feo" <coco28h@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > Does anyone know the release date of the evangelion 2.0 standard edition dvd? I remeber I was able to get my hands on a copy of 1.0 about a year before the english version came out which was like in mid 2007. Also, does anyone have a favorite VA for Mari's role?

    • Chris Callahan
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 11, 2010
        It wasn't a bootleg copy, it was the japanese version that I bought from play asia. I know for a fact that evangelion 2.0 comes out this may (the 26th to be exact) if you check the official website. Also, they're releasing it in both standard and blu ray together this time, both being 2.22 versions with the audio fixes and additional/expanded scenes. I know I'll be getting both editions as the blu ray version probably wont have subtitle like my japanese version of 1.11 didn't. Just saying, why would you wait to watch the movie when you could do it legally?

        ________________________________
        The license for the 2.0 release has not been announced yet. I'd bet on it being Funimation, but that's only because they got the 1.0 license, I have no supporting evidence on that.

        Also, discussing bootlegs on Tif's page = Bad Idea.

        --- In tiffanygrantfanclub @yahoogroups. com, "muchacho feo" <coco28h@... > wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > Does anyone know the release date of the evangelion 2.0 standard edition dvd? I remeber I was able to get my hands on a copy of 1.0 about a year before the english version came out which was like in mid 2007. Also, does anyone have a favorite VA for Mari's role?

      • mayor_light
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 11, 2010
          It's bound to be another long wait. Much of it will depend on negotiations with the Japanese licensor KlockWorx.

          Brian Hanson sums it up on his Hey, Answerman! for 3/5/2010:
          http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2010-03-05
          (second question, scroll down a bit)
        • chuck shandry
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 12, 2010
            Having a regionless(universal) DVD player, I was able to obtain(at Otakon) a copy of the Japanese limited edition of Rebuild 1.0 , so there was no problem with "bootleg copy"
            In his post, He never mentioned bootleg, just obtaining it.   Chuck"It feels so GOOD to wear the bunny ears of command once again!-Annette-Gremlin Trouble