Video of my Evangelion convention panels

  • frumious99
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2009
      I am V

      As I said before, I run a series of Evangelion panels at a scifi convention

      I've loaded up a video of my first hour-long panel, "The Evangelion Franchise: Past, Present, and Future"

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UDulu758vE&feature=PlayList&p=2BB93DA34230F380&index=0

      I've also started loading panel 2, "Explanation of Evangelion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxytd7xvrlk&feature=channel_page

      I cut it into 8 parts.

      I hope that it is a...succinct as well as accurate summation of the entire franchise history.

      ***notice the part where I actually urge the audience "PLEASE stop asking Tiffany Grant about being an extra in live-action Eva; she can't, and since when do people get cast at random from convention audiences?!"

      ***I hope my summation of the live action Evangelion project was good....you see most of what I have to go on is just heresay I've pieced together.

      I used some photos from this yahoogroup of Tiffany visiting Weta, but I asked on here a while back if I could use them, and I was using them as a promotional thing to show "this is really happening, look Tiffany and Matt visited Weta"

      I devote the last ~20 minutes to talking about Weta's attempts to make a live-action Evangelion film project, starting in Part 6 of 8

      Notice how I worked in several inside jokes for LOTR fans: I claim that Weta Workshop's motto is "Till Death for Glory!", and I work the phrases "Changing Seasons" and "Grand Tour" into the parts where I'm talking about Weta (I used to be a projectionist, so I know that the fake name they put on the reels (just as Return of the Jedi was "Blue Harvest") for the 3 LOTR films were "Changing Seasons" (FOTR), "Grand Tour" (TTT), and "Till Death for Glory" (ROTK))

      Please tell me what you think, and pass it on to anyone interested.

      And yes...I dress like my screename: I don't just call myself V, I am V.

      "People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy, and I can't do that as Bruce Wayne. As a man, I'm flesh and blood. I can be ignored, I can be destroyed. But as a symbolÂ…as a symbol, I can be incorruptible. I can be everlasting." --Batman Begins