Hey guys... got a question

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 12, 2009
      This is for your Eva fanatics... Or the lovely Tiffany...
      Asuka's plugsuit... is it red and black or red and dark blue?
      it seems to change from scene to scene and figure to figure... I want
      to say it is black, and they only use a dark blue in the animation to
      keep it from looking like a big glob of black...

      any arguments one way or another?

      Chris
    • mayor_light
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 14, 2009
        Looking at Sadamoto-sensei's offical art, I'd say red and black.

        The times when the black appears dark blue seem to be for adding gloss
        to the look.
      • vtr9kvictor
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 21, 2009
          Yeah I think it is supposed to be red and black. (Dark) Blue is used
          as "shorthand" for black in anime a lot.

          --- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <chris@...> wrote:

          > This is for your Eva fanatics... Or the lovely Tiffany...
          > Asuka's plugsuit... is it red and black or red and dark blue?
          > it seems to change from scene to scene and figure to figure... I want
          > to say it is black, and they only use a dark blue in the animation to
          > keep it from looking like a big glob of black...
          >
          > any arguments one way or another?
          >
          > Chris

        • Chris Duran
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 21, 2009
            Thanks.

            I'd like to think it was black.

            I'll post pics of the end result of my questions.

            Chris

            <mailto:tiffanygrantfanclub%40yahoogroups.com> , "Chris" <chris@...> wrote:

            > This is for your Eva fanatics... Or the lovely Tiffany...
            > Asuka's plugsuit... is it red and black or red and dark blue?
            > it seems to change from scene to scene and figure to figure... I want
            > to say it is black, and they only use a dark blue in the animation to
            > keep it from looking like a big glob of black...
            >
            > any arguments one way or another?
            >
            > Chris

          • vtr9kvictor
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 1, 2009