Re: Planning anime panel for Apirl: ADV voice actors in NYC area?

  • vtr9kvictor
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2008
      I would add that ADV never had the rights to the Elfen Lied OVA (and
      Matt did not even know there was one when I asked him about it), so
      discussing broadcast rights for it would have to be done through the
      Japanese rights holders. There would of course be no dub. No one has
      ever licensed it for English distribution.

      --- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com, mayor_light <no_reply@...>
      wrote:

      > Indeed, Evangelion remains an enduring phenomenon.
      >
      > To the best of my knowledge, there are currently no other Evangelion
      or
      > Elfen Lied voice actors in New York.
      >
      > Whenever an actor does not maintain a website with a public email
      > address, your best bet would be to contact him/her c/o a company they
      > worked for - in this case, ADV. Of course, there's also no real
      > guarantee that any actor maintains contact with past clients.
      >
      > Hope that helps! =)
      >
      > Edgard Aedo
      > Tiffany Grant Fan Club Moderator

    • frumious99
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2008
        At AnimeBoston 2006, Matt Greenfield and David Williams spoke of the
        Elfen Lied OVA as if ADV had the rights (at least at that time)
        http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/convention/2006/anime-boston/5

        When I personally spoke to Williams at AnimeBoston 2008, he also acted
        as if ADV has the rights, and he said the real problem was again, how
        to distribute a one-shot OVA episode. I am confused at what you're
        saying.

        --- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com, vtr9kvictor <no_reply@...>

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2008
          Yeah, but my conversation occured long prior to Anime Boston 2006.

          --- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com, frumious99 <no_reply@...>