Re: [Tiffany Grant Fanclub] I wonder if sometimes...

  • josefina ortiz
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 1, 2008
      .... that is a very good question. now im thinking about.

      andreslperez <andreslperez@...> wrote: Just something I have always thought. Do voice actors read the
      fanfictions that their animes are based on?

    • Christopher Duran
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 1, 2008
        I'd be willing to bet the answer is "no" in about 99% of the fanfiction
        written.

        .... that is a very good question. now im thinking about.

        andreslperez <andreslperez@... <mailto:andreslperez%40yahoo.com> >
        wrote: Just something I have always thought. Do voice actors read the
        fanfictions that their animes are based on?

      • zeak_8
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 1, 2008
          You call your self TG fans. Eva-R

          --- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Duran"
          <chris@...> wrote:

          > I'd be willing to bet the answer is "no" in about 99% of the
          fanfiction
          > written.

        • mayor_light
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 1, 2008
            Depends on the VA's schedule - and most have A LOT to keep them busy. ;P
          • Christopher Duran
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 1, 2008
              That would still be 1 out of the 1000s.

              So like I said 99.99% do not get read by the VAs..

              Even if Tiffany lent her voice to one

              <mailto:tiffanygrantfanclub%40yahoogroups.com> , "Christopher Duran"
              <chris@...> wrote:

              > I'd be willing to bet the answer is "no" in about 99% of the
              fanfiction
              > written.
              >

              > From: tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com
              <mailto:tiffanygrantfanclub%40yahoogroups.com>

            • Tex James
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 1, 2008
                A friend and I once were talking to her and asked her that very question.
                And she said that between the writing, voice acting and cons... Plus other
                things... She has no time to read them. Also, I do believe that all VA's
                get rather attached to their characters (even if they hate them *cough*
                spike *cough*) and they may not want to see some of the things that authors
                do to their beloved characters.

                Tex James
                datexan@...
                dmntexn@...
                ICQ # 53512210

                <chris@...> wrote:

                > I'd be willing to bet the answer is "no" in about 99% of the
                fanfiction
                > written.
                >

                > From: tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com
                <mailto:tiffanygrantfanclub%40yahoogroups.com>

              • vtr9kvictor
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 1, 2008
                  Yeah, Tif actually took part in that one. Check out the audio files.

                  --- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com, zeak_8 <no_reply@...>
                  wrote:

                  > You call your self TG fans. Eva-R
                  >

                  > --- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Duran"
                  > <chris@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I'd be willing to bet the answer is "no" in about 99% of the
                  > fanfiction
                  > > written.
                  > >

                  > > From: tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com

                • voiceofasuka
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 5, 2008
                    Hi there,
                    I just got down to the original question, and I think it's backwards:

                    "Do voice actors read the fanfictions that their animes are based on?"

                    It would be the other way around - the fanfictions are based on the
                    animes. But no, I don't. The reason is that so many people write
                    them and ask me to read theirs. If I read one, I would have to read
                    them all. So, to be fair, I don't read any of them. It would
                    consume my entire life if I did.

                    I want to be clear that I think it's wonderful that fans get so
                    interested in the stories and characters that they are inspired to
                    write stories of their own. And I am very glad that others do enjoy
                    reading them, too. So, please keep on writing them, and also I hope
                    that people are inspired to create new characters and stories of
                    their own.

                    TG =)

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 22, 2008
                      Okay, I know this is from a couple months ago, but bear with me ^__^
                      I won't speak for everyone, because I'm sure some do. I don't read any
                      fanfics about anything ever. If I agreed to read one person's then I'd
                      have to read everyone's and I don't have time to do that. Plus, if I
                      read it, and it stinks (gosh, could that possibly ever happen!?), what
                      then? People ALWAYS ask, "So, what did you think?" And I'm not going
                      there.
                      Ciao!
                      Tif

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 22, 2008
                        Wow. I had totally already responded to that. How retarded am I?
                        O_O