im glad eva's returning

  • ravenblood3891
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2007
      ASUKA is my favorite ANIME character of all time. yay ASUKA and
      Tiffany Grant For The Win.
    • zeldafanboy89
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2007
        --- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "ravenblood3891"
        <ravenblood3891@...> wrote:

        > ASUKA is my favorite ANIME character of all time. yay ASUKA and
        > Tiffany Grant For The Win.

        couldn't have said it better my self ;)
      • cursedmarionette
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2007
          I have to admit, I have very mixed feelings over the return of Eva,
          particularly of the direction Anno's taking for the remake of the
          series into four films; specifically, Anno will be implementing a new
          character, changing the flow of events (quite possibly closer to the
          Sadamato manga series as opposed to the original anime series), and
          slight character personality elements are likely to change, as have
          the SEELE and NERV logos already. There is a possibilty, however
          slight, that the personality of Asuka may change to a degree,
          particularly in regard to how this rumoured new character is
          implemented into the storyline. However, in all likelyhood, Asuka is
          too strong as a character for any major change to occur in her
          personality; however,I wouldn't deny Anno changing her personality
          slightly in the movies, but not too much, as the fans would be
          seriously annoyed, and I hope many of you are familiar with what
          happened to Anno last time he majorly displeased the fans. >_>

          But do keep in mind that the progression of events will be different
          in general, that is according to what Anno has been saying, and that
          the ending itself will be a new one.

          But I guess I can really be sure until the first film is released, nay
          until all four are released.
        • zeldafanboy89
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 3, 2007
            indeed, i read a breif summary about the new fils title "Rebuild of
            Evangelion" on Wiki and my hart pounds each time i read it, the mixed
            felling of excitment and fear. Happy that there making a new series,
            but still afraied the charters and the origanal meaning to the
            charters and story line will drasticly chang. in some gossep at the
            Evagelion nerd club at Adultswim.comthey said that major charters may
            not even com in till the second or third movies. in the offical movie
            poster youll see: Shinji, kenkate(sp), Kawrou, Hikari, toji, and Rei.
            but no Asuka??? maybe that thay are going to introduce the charters
            in a different order from the origanl series. i just dont know and i
            cant wait for it to come out.

            if you didn't allready know the first of the 4 movies comes out this
            year in japan on September 1. (the point im try to get at is that the
            USA may not get this film dubed for atleast 2-4 years after it is
            realsed)

            and really im willing to wait that long. I know that perfection takes
            time and with Neon Genesis Evangelion its gonna take some time, so
            hold oh fellow fans b/c we still have awile to wait.

            Link to wikipedia about "rebuild of evagelion"

            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebuild_of_Evangelion

            --- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "cursedmarionette"
            <CursedMarionette@...> wrote:

            > I have to admit, I have very mixed feelings over the return of Eva,
            > particularly of the direction Anno's taking for the remake of the
            > series into four films; specifically, Anno will be implementing a
            new
            > character, changing the flow of events (quite possibly closer to the
            > Sadamato manga series as opposed to the original anime series), and
            > slight character personality elements are likely to change, as have
            > the SEELE and NERV logos already. There is a possibilty, however
            > slight, that the personality of Asuka may change to a degree,
            > particularly in regard to how this rumoured new character is
            > implemented into the storyline. However, in all likelyhood, Asuka is
            > too strong as a character for any major change to occur in her
            > personality; however,I wouldn't deny Anno changing her personality
            > slightly in the movies, but not too much, as the fans would be
            > seriously annoyed, and I hope many of you are familiar with what
            > happened to Anno last time he majorly displeased the fans. >_>
            >
            > But do keep in mind that the progression of events will be different
            > in general, that is according to what Anno has been saying, and that
            > the ending itself will be a new one.
            >
            > But I guess I can really be sure until the first film is released,
            nay
            > until all four are released.

          • Eli
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 3, 2007
              <CursedMarionette@...> wrote:

              > I have to admit, I have very mixed feelings over the return of Eva,
              > particularly of the direction Anno's taking for the remake of the
              > series into four films; specifically, Anno will be implementing a new
              > character, changing the flow of events (quite possibly closer to the
              > Sadamato manga series as opposed to the original anime series), and
              > slight character personality elements are likely to change, as have
              > the SEELE and NERV logos already. There is a possibilty, however
              > slight, that the personality of Asuka may change to a degree,
              > particularly in regard to how this rumoured new character is
              > implemented into the storyline. However, in all likelyhood, Asuka is
              > too strong as a character for any major change to occur in her
              > personality; however,I wouldn't deny Anno changing her personality
              > slightly in the movies, but not too much, as the fans would be
              > seriously annoyed, and I hope many of you are familiar with what
              > happened to Anno last time he majorly displeased the fans. >_>
              >
              > But do keep in mind that the progression of events will be different
              > in general, that is according to what Anno has been saying, and that
              > the ending itself will be a new one.
              >
              > But I guess I can really be sure until the first film is released, nay
              > until all four are released.

              I admit I'm a little nervous, but this is Anno-sensei we're talking about. I have great faith
              in him. My only concern is that he might have gone soft now that he's married and content
              - I won't be satisfied unless he tries just as hard as he did in the original to piss off the
              mindless fanboys (while rewarding the intellectual fans). Besides, no matter how it turns
              out, nothing will ever replace the original work of genius. The original Evangelion is, and
              will always be, the definitive masterwork. Knowing that, I can look forward to the future
              with an open mind and great expectations. Also, I hope we in the West don't experience as
              much of a time gap between the Japanese and English releases as *cough* the previous
              films...
            • ravenblood3891
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 3, 2007
                --- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "zeldafanboy89"
                <zeldafanboy89@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > > slight, that the personality of Asuka may change to a degree,
                > > particularly in regard to how this rumoured new character is
                > > implemented into the storyline. However, in all likelyhood,
                Asuka is
                > > too strong as a character for any major change to occur in her
                > > personality; however,I wouldn't deny Anno changing her
                personality
                > > slightly in the movies, but not too much, as the fans would be
                > > seriously annoyed, and I hope many of you are familiar with what
                > > happened to Anno last time he majorly displeased the fans. >_>
                > >
                > > But do keep in mind that the progression of events will be
                different
                > > in general, that is according to what Anno has been saying, and
                that
                > > the ending itself will be a new one.
                > >
                > > But I guess I can really be sure until the first film is

                I hope the movies are on the same line as the series it would make
                fans happey. I know tiffany wont be in the movie of the live action
                EVANGELION. Tiffany Grant as the the best attitude for ASUKA. Ive
                listend to bolth versions Tiffany wins my vote.