Re: Altena!

  • Mike Dungan
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 1, 2005
      Yeah, I love her take on Altena. I think it must have been a lot of
      fun for Tiffany, if only because Altena is so unlike most of the
      characters she voices.

      Mike Dungan
      martialstax

      --- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "abchinchilla"
      <abechinchilla@s...> wrote:

      > It's been a long time since I posted here, but I just finished
      > watching NOIR.
      >
      > Hey Tiff, excellent job on Altena! She was such an interesting...
      > crazy character. I think I like her because how she acted as a mother
      > figure for Chloe (who is my favorite character in this show).
      >
      > Ciao!
    • abchinchilla
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 1, 2005
        Well, the Sock Puppet bonus is fun too. :)

        --- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Dungan" <mike@u...>
        wrote:

        > Yeah, I love her take on Altena. I think it must have been a lot of
        > fun for Tiffany, if only because Altena is so unlike most of the
        > characters she voices.
        >
        > Mike Dungan
        > martialstax
      • voiceofasuka
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 3, 2005
          Thanks, Abe! I loved that show. I only hated that Matt never let me
          do the evil laugh. That's why he let me play the Mage Queen in Puni
          Puni Poemy. Bwaaa haaa haaa!!

          BTW - did you watch the sock puppet episode?

          > It's been a long time since I posted here, but I just finished
          > watching NOIR.
          >
          > Hey Tiff, excellent job on Altena! She was such an interesting...
          > crazy character. I think I like her because how she acted as a mother
          > figure for Chloe (who is my favorite character in this show).
          >
          > Ciao!
        • voiceofasuka
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 3, 2005
            Thanks!

            All the actors who worked on the show say it was one of their most
            difficult roles ever. Altena was very reserved and in control. I
            could not freak out or scream or get too emotional. I think it came
            out well in the end though.

            > Yeah, I love her take on Altena. I think it must have been a lot of
            > fun for Tiffany, if only because Altena is so unlike most of the
            > characters she voices.
            >
            > Mike Dungan
            > martialstax
            >
            > --- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "abchinchilla"
            > <abechinchilla@s...> wrote:
            > >
            > > It's been a long time since I posted here, but I just finished
            > > watching NOIR.
            > >
            > > Hey Tiff, excellent job on Altena! She was such an interesting...
            > > crazy character. I think I like her because how she acted as a
            mother
            > > figure for Chloe (who is my favorite character in this show).
            > >
            > > Ciao!
          • t_ttara
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 4, 2005
              "BTW - did you watch the sock puppet episode?"

              Whats that?

              --- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com, voiceofasuka
              <no_reply@y...> wrote:

              > Thanks, Abe! I loved that show. I only hated that Matt never let
              me
              > do the evil laugh. That's why he let me play the Mage Queen in
              Puni
              > Puni Poemy. Bwaaa haaa haaa!!
              >
              > BTW - did you watch the sock puppet episode?
              >

              > > It's been a long time since I posted here, but I just finished
              > > watching NOIR.
              > >
              > > Hey Tiff, excellent job on Altena! She was such an interesting...
              > > crazy character. I think I like her because how she acted as a
              mother
              > > figure for Chloe (who is my favorite character in this show).
              > >
              > > Ciao!
            • abchinchilla
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 4, 2005
                Yes! The sock-puppet episode rock! Horray for dub-only extras!
                It was hilarious! Not enough Altena though. ;)

                Definately loved these two parts:
                "Perhaps you will like this..." - Altena picks up paper
                "... WOW! Someone wants me to kill someone! I'm SO there!" - Chloe

                "The place to find a voice actor is in his normal habitat." - Mirelle
                "A recording stuido?" - Kirika
                "... Not exactly." - Mirelle
                (Chris Patton starts digging in the trash dumpster)

                Oh... and the whole dishes thing. :)

                (cries) I can't watch the second half of the commentary though! I
                think my vol. 4 is defective. I can't seem to make the "special code"
                work, I did manage to get the episode 15 commentary playing, but then
                it goes back to the main menu after that. Wah!!

                BTW, t_ttara, the sock-puppet episode is a special bonus that can be
                found on the 6th volume of NOIR. On the start of chapter 3 of episode
                21 (it wll be the second eyecatch/commercial thing) press UP, DOWN,
                LEFT, RIGHT (I think that's it).
              • dimicelli@comcast.net
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 4, 2005
                  I bet you it doesn't beat the extra on the Inu Yasha The Movie 2 DVD
                  that was created using stuffed puppets. That was hilarious! XD

                  Peter

                  t_ttara wrote:

                  >"BTW - did you watch the sock puppet episode?"
                  >
                  >Whats that?
                  >
                  >--- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com, voiceofasuka
                  ><no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  >

                  >>Thanks, Abe! I loved that show. I only hated that Matt never let
                  >>

                  >me
                  >

                  >>do the evil laugh. That's why he let me play the Mage Queen in
                  >>

                  >Puni
                  >

                  >>Puni Poemy. Bwaaa haaa haaa!!
                  >>
                  >>BTW - did you watch the sock puppet episode?
                  >>

                  >>>It's been a long time since I posted here, but I just finished
                  >>>watching NOIR.
                  >>>
                  >>>Hey Tiff, excellent job on Altena! She was such an interesting...
                  >>>crazy character. I think I like her because how she acted as a
                  >>>

                  >mother
                  >

                  >>>figure for Chloe (who is my favorite character in this show).
                  >>>
                  >>>Ciao!
                  >>>

                  >Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Josegil
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 4, 2005
                    Altena = The Cr33p

                    I enjoyed Hilary Haag's performance as Chloe, but Tiffany's Altena was the one that
                    chilled my blood.

                    Btw, Tiff, I mean that as a compliment. You did a superb job ~_^

                    Kiggy

                    \--- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com, voiceofasuka <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                    > Thanks!
                    >
                    > All the actors who worked on the show say it was one of their most
                    > difficult roles ever. Altena was very reserved and in control. I
                    > could not freak out or scream or get too emotional. I think it came
                    > out well in the end though.
                    >
                    > > Yeah, I love her take on Altena. I think it must have been a lot of
                    > > fun for Tiffany, if only because Altena is so unlike most of the
                    > > characters she voices.
                    > >
                    > > Mike Dungan
                    > > martialstax
                    > >
                    > > --- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "abchinchilla"
                    > > <abechinchilla@s...> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > It's been a long time since I posted here, but I just finished
                    > > > watching NOIR.
                    > > >
                    > > > Hey Tiff, excellent job on Altena! She was such an interesting...
                    > > > crazy character. I think I like her because how she acted as a
                    > mother
                    > > > figure for Chloe (who is my favorite character in this show).
                    > > >
                    > > > Ciao!
                  • Jihad Bell
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 4, 2005
                      Whoa.. I had no idea Tiffany was in NOIR! I am so
                      there to see Altena and the sock puppet episode!
                      Sweet.

                      --- Josegil <kig1984@...> wrote:

                      > Altena = The Cr33p
                      >
                      > I enjoyed Hilary Haag's performance as Chloe, but
                      > Tiffany's Altena was the one that
                      > chilled my blood.
                      >
                      > Btw, Tiff, I mean that as a compliment. You did a
                      > superb job ~_^
                      >
                      > Kiggy
                      >
                      > \--- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com,
                      > voiceofasuka <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Thanks!
                      > >
                      > > All the actors who worked on the show say it was
                      > one of their most
                      > > difficult roles ever. Altena was very reserved
                      > and in control. I
                      > > could not freak out or scream or get too
                      > emotional. I think it came
                      > > out well in the end though.
                      > >
                      > > > Yeah, I love her take on Altena. I think it must
                      > have been a lot of
                      > > > fun for Tiffany, if only because Altena is so
                      > unlike most of the
                      > > > characters she voices.
                      > > >
                      > > > Mike Dungan
                      > > > martialstax
                      > > >
                      > > > --- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com,

                      > I just finished

                      > such an interesting...
                      > how she acted as a
                      > > mother
                      > in this show).

                      __________________________________
                      Yahoo! Messenger
                    • voiceofasuka
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 4, 2005
                        I dunno, Peter, it was pretty friggin' hilarious. Since Noir is SUCH
                        a serious show, to see the characters depicted as sock puppets is
                        really funny. Also, the sight of Chris Patton digging through the
                        dumpster is CLASSIC - especially if you know that he is actually VERY
                        germ-phobic in real life.

                        I do think the ending to the bit is also quite clever, but I won't
                        spoil that for those who haven't seen it.

                        TG

                        > I bet you it doesn't beat the extra on the Inu Yasha The Movie 2
                        DVD
                        > that was created using stuffed puppets. That was hilarious! XD
                        >
                        > Peter
                        >
                        > t_ttara wrote:
                        >
                        > >"BTW - did you watch the sock puppet episode?"
                        > >
                        > >Whats that?
                        > >
                        > >--- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com, voiceofasuka
                        > ><no_reply@y...> wrote:
                        > >

                        > >>Thanks, Abe! I loved that show. I only hated that Matt never
                        let

                        > >me
                        > >

                        > >>do the evil laugh. That's why he let me play the Mage Queen in
                        > >>

                        > >Puni
                        > >

                        > >>Puni Poemy. Bwaaa haaa haaa!!
                        > >>
                        > >>BTW - did you watch the sock puppet episode?

                        > >mother

                        > >Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • voiceofasuka
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 4, 2005
                          Compliment taken, José. Thank you very much!

                          > Altena = The Cr33p
                          >
                          > I enjoyed Hilary Haag's performance as Chloe, but Tiffany's Altena
                          was the one that
                          > chilled my blood.
                          >
                          > Btw, Tiff, I mean that as a compliment. You did a superb job ~_^
                          >
                          > Kiggy
                          >
                          > \--- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com, voiceofasuka
                          <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                          > > Thanks!
                          > >
                          > > All the actors who worked on the show say it was one of their
                          most
                          > > difficult roles ever. Altena was very reserved and in control.
                          > > could not freak out or scream or get too emotional. I think it
                          came
                          > > out well in the end though.
                          > >
                          > > > Yeah, I love her take on Altena. I think it must have been a
                          lot of
                          > > > fun for Tiffany, if only because Altena is so unlike most of
                          the
                          > > > characters she voices.
                          > > >
                          > > > Mike Dungan
                          > > > martialstax
                          > > >
                          > > > --- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "abchinchilla"

                          > > mother

                        • voiceofasuka
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 4, 2005
                            Indeed - I was one of only four continuing cast members in the show.

                          • abchinchilla
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 4, 2005
                              Everyone else kept dying!

                              Grrl Power... I don't know. I would consider buying it just for those
                              extras though... lots of VA-stuff if I remember correctly.