FYI all anime 20% off at Best Buy

  • Brian Jonas
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5 4:21 PM
      In case anybody missed it. All anime is 20% off at Best Buy and at
      www.bestbuy.com. Sale runs thru Saturday.

      Brian

      P.S. Don't forget to make Customer Service's day and bring in all your anime
      receipts that are less than 30 days old and ask for price adjustments.
    • akito01
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5 7:35 PM
        Yeah, it was an amazing thing, because I walked into Best Buy today,
        and had no idea of the sale. I finally came into some money and
        wanted to catch up on a bunch of titles I'd missed -definitely a
        nice surprise. I'm going back tomorrow to get a couple other discs
        I didn't get today.

        Among the things I got was the new Platinum edition of Evangelion
        volume 1. Definitely worth it, completely. Everything about this
        release is an improvement -the picture quality is pristine, the
        sound is much better, and all of the subtitles are now soft.

        The commentary tracks are pretty cool too. Spike Spencer is a
        terrific talent, and it's hard not to make comparisons with Billy
        West, especially if you've got a chance to hear him on the Futurama
        commentary tracks.

        --- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Brian Jonas
        <b.t.jonas@u...> wrote:
        > In case anybody missed it. All anime is 20% off at Best Buy and at
        > www.bestbuy.com. Sale runs thru Saturday.
        >
        > Brian

      • Amanda Graebner
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 7 6:40 AM
          Both my boyfriend and I used this sale! He got 4 or 5
          discs, and I got Kiddy Grade 4 (finally!) and the
          first disc of ROD TV

          I was a very happy mandy... too bad I don't have the
          money to get Kiddy Grade 5 :(

          --- Brian Jonas <b.t.jonas@...> wrote:

          > In case anybody missed it. All anime is 20% off at
          > Best Buy and at
          > www.bestbuy.com. Sale runs thru Saturday.
          >
          > Brian
          >
          > P.S. Don't forget to make Customer Service's day and
          > bring in all your anime
          > receipts that are less than 30 days old and ask for
          > price adjustments.

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • Brian Jonas
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 8 6:29 AM
            I ordered a few things online Friday night because Best Buy sent me an
            additional e-mail offer. Spend $100 and save $15. Since the basic shipping
            is free, why not? I basically got $126 worth of anime for only $85. Once it
            arrives I'll have to go return a couple of items I bought in the store since I
            duplicated them so I could take advantage of the online offer. I haven't
            opened anything yet, so it's not a problem.

            I bought a lot in the store too, most of which I paid cash for, I put a couple
            of things on my Best Buy card as well. There's a few things I didn't buy that
            I'd like to someday. But I was mainly finishing up Slayers OAVs and Najica,
            and catching up on Azumanga Diaoh, Last Exile and Kiddy Grade. I also finally
            picked up Sorcerer Hunters, I've only seen the first seven episodes. I didn't
            get Abenobashi, or Comic Party. How is Comic Party BTW? I've only seen the
            first episode.

            Brian

            Message: 1