Re: Enterprise finale

  • Brian Jonas
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 1, 2004
      I had heard the same rumor about the 13 episode renewal. I don't know if they
      renewed it for just 13 or a full 22.

      Tiffany is right. Most American TV shows have had 22 episode seasons for a
      long time now. I think TNG had 24 per season for the first couple of years
      and then switched to 22. It takes until midway through season 5 for a show to
      reach 100 episodes.

      Syndication really isn't a big deal anymore since most shows are being
      released on dvd anyway. I haven't been picking up shows like Trek, or the
      X-Files because they want too much per season. However, I will probably try
      to pick up TOS when it's box-sets come out. It was the most classic of all
      the shows.

      I still say Enterpise missed out by not being closer in style to TOS. Space
      was much more fun with go-go boots and mini-skirts. ;) That would make for a
      funny episode having the crew be issued 60s styled uniforms and having the
      women complain about them.

      Brian

      Message: 9
      Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 17:45:55 -0000
      From: voiceofasuka
      Subject: Re: Enterprise finale

      Friday?! That's so harsh. Several weeks ago, Matt told me that they
      were only renewed for thirteen episodes next season, but that could
      get increased over the summer obviously depending on the audience
      response to the last few episodes of this season. Also, since there
      are now only something like 22 episodes in a season instead of 26,
      there wouldn't be 100, but with TOS only having 79 episodes, I don't
      doubt Enterprise is assured of syndication.

      TG
    • akito01
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 1, 2004
        --- In tiffanygrantfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Brian Jonas
        <b.t.jonas@u...> wrote:
        > I still say Enterpise missed out by not being closer in style to
        TOS. Space
        > was much more fun with go-go boots and mini-skirts. ;) That would
        make for a
        > funny episode having the crew be issued 60s styled uniforms and
        having the
        > women complain about them.
        >
        > Brian

        You definitely hit on something there. The DS9 episode where they
        reaction to the old style Klingons was priceless). The ad for the
        pilot of Enterprise had a short clip of the phaser being explained
        ("It has two settings; stun and kill."), which brought a smile to my
        face, but sadly I didn't find the show overall to have that kind of
        charm or humour. I never watched more than a handful of episodes,
        really. Given the lack of quality SciFi on television, one would
        think Enterprise should be getting a lot of attention, but I just
        find myself pretty much burned out on that whole universe, and agree
        it should be put to rest for a while before being turned over to
        other hands to re-imagine the series in a more complete way.