Youth FX Film Festival this Thursday!

  • Bhawin Suchak
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2013
      This Thursday May 23rd!

      Please come out and support Grand Street Community Arts' YOUTH FX filmmaking program as we premiere our films made during the 2012 Youth FX program...

      Annual YOUTH FX Film Festival
      Thursday May 23rd 7pm & 9pm showings w/ Q & A with youth filmmakers after each screening
      $8 for adult tickets
      $5 for students
      all proceeds go towards the 2013 Youth FX summer program

      Madison Theater
      1036 Madison Ave., Albany, NY

      Online Advance Ticket Sales @ Brown Paper Tickets: http://youthfx.brownpapertickets.com/

      Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/372353489531469/

      Albany's award winning Youth FX teen filmmaking program will host the premiere of their 2012 short films on Thursday May 23rd at the Madison Theater.  The film festival will feature world premieres of short documentary and narrative films created by teens from the city of Albany over the past year.  Among the topics the teen filmmakers explored were topics of race, violence, bullying, love and community.  The festival will feature a dozen short films, created during the 2012 Youth FX summer program and several created in collaboration with students at Albany High School.  The films include short documentaries about the Lady Falcons record-setting basketball season, the City of Albany's boxing program, an exploration of the origins and consequences of the "n-word", and a behind the scenes look at the Albany High School West Side Story production.

      The Grand Street Community Arts based program is celebrating its 5th year of programming and has grown into a full year program with an after-school component at Albany High School, and youth working as pre-professional filmmakers creating independent films and documentaries for local non-profits.  Youth FX films have been screened at film festivals across the country including:  CineYouth Chicago, Woodstock Film Festival, Moving Media Festival (Detroit, MI), Urban Mediamakers Film Festival (Atlanta, GA), Ballston Spa Film Festival, WMHT TV Film, and the Show Me Justice Film Festival (Columbia, MO).

      For more information about the Youth FX program please visit our website: www.youthfx.org

      Check out YouthFX videos on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/youthfx/videos or Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/YouthFX

      Feel free to email or call me with any questions and please share this with your friends and contacts.

      Bhawin Suchak
      Youth FX Program Director
      518-526-5586
      www.youthfx.org