Asili & Vaccaro Show THIS First Friday Jan. 6

  • Taina Asili
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2012
      Greetings!

      Asili & Vaccaro will join with flamenco dancer Nina Kunimoto for a
      VERY SPECIAL New Year's First Friday performance of Latin American
      folk and flamenco.

      First Friday January 6th, 8pm
      The Steamer 10 Theater
      500 Western Avenue, Albany, NY 12203
      $15, $12 In Advance. Tickets: By phone – 518.438.5503,
      or Online at http://www.asilivaccaro.com/tickets

      This performance feature the new work we gathered during our flamenco
      studies in Spain this summer. With grant support from The Giving Tree
      Foundation, we traveled to Andalusia, Spain where we studied at two
      amazing flamenco schools. This will be our first time performing this
      work in the Capital Region since our return.

      We will also be collaborating with flamenco dancer Nina Kunimoto. Nina
      is based in Brattleboro, VT, and has studied flamenco dance around the
      world, including her ancestral homelands of Spain and Japan. We first
      had the honor of collaborating with Nina in Brattleboro for
      performance in October. She also joined us for a song during our Troy
      performance with Taina Asili y la Banda Rebelde in November. We are
      excited to bring her to Albany for this special performance.

      Hope to see you there!!

      --
      Taina Asili

      info@...