Spring season premiere with Sidi Toure and friends!

  • Steve Pierce
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4 5:14 PM
      If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it online.

      Share This:

      Sanctuary logo

      Season premiere 7 PM this Thursday!

      New Music from Africa w/ Sidi Toure and Friends

      Sidi ToureOur Fall 2011 season opens at 7  PM this Thursday (10/6) with Sidi Toure and friends, performing spellbinding acoustic music from Mali that incorporates influences ranging from the 5th century Songhai Empire to contemporary pop culture.

      "Sidi Toure is a worthy successor to Ali Farka Toure. Among Songhai musicians, Sidi is the best. Sidi Toure has all the talent, quality, simplicity, playing and singing skills, its incredible. We need people like Sidi." Bassekou Kouyate

      Admission $10. Video. Advance tickets. Details.

      In the Underground Gallery

      Media Nodes

      At a time when hard-core investigative journalism is in peril, the Sanctuary's Underground Gallery presents Media Nodes, a view behind the curtain, beyond the front page, to the interior landscape of a news industry in transition.  Details.

      Be The Media!

      StoryHarvest: Youth Voices From the Garden

      A free digital storytelling workshop for neighborhood youth, focusing on basic documentary skills and the art of storytelling, from 10 AM-2 PM on Saturday, October 15.  Details.

      Join us!

      If you're not already on our email list, visit our website to join!

      For up to-the-minute information on the goings-on at The Sanctuary for Independent Media, including new event announcements, follow us on Facebook!

      You'll find us on Twitter as well!

      New to the Sanctuary?  We are located a few minutes from I-787 in North Troy; check our directions from various points nearby.

      We love questions and comments.  Email us!  If you'd like to volunteer, let us know!

      Next Thursday

      Taking Liberties w/ Susan Herman

      The president of the American Civil Liberties Union joins us next week to talk about her new book "Taking Liberties: The War on Terror and the Erosion of Democracy," just in time for the tenth anniversary of the Patriot Act. Details.

      MoHu Fest event

      Planting Seeds

      Join us for a community-wide celebration of the first harvest from North Troy's Collard City Garden all day and into the evening on Saturday, October 15!  Details.

      On Sanctuary TV

      Occupy Albany!

      There've been some amazing developments over the past week in the Occupy Wall Street movement, ranging from 700 arrests on the Brooklyn Bridge to the formation of a local group called Occupy Albany.

       The Sanctuary TV crew and our allies have been documenting events as they unfold with great results; one of the new videos already has more than 10,000 views!

      Occupy Albany Declares Solidarity with Occupy Wall Street

      Why We're Occupying Wall Street

      Morning Donation Run at Occupy Wall Street

      Abby Lappin "Revolution 102"

      Support us!

      Support The Sanctuary for Independent Media!  Details.

      We hope to see you soon!

      PO Box 35 3361 6th Avenue | Troy, NY 12181 US

      Network for Good
      EmailNow powered by Emma