Date Changed: Capital District Permaculture Guild meeting and Tour of the Radix Ecological Sustainability Center

  • Dylan Boyce
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2011
      Capital District Permaculture Guild meeting and
      Tour of the Radix Ecological Sustainability Center
      Wednesday, September 7th
      6pm meet at 98 Grand St. for potluck snacks
      6:30 meet up at the Radix Center at corner of Grand and Warren Streets

      Hey everyone,

      Summer's winding down and hopefully we are a little less busy and can get together on what is normally our 'regular' meeting day, next Thursday. I've asked Scott Kellogg if he would give us a tour of the Radix Center, details below.

      Hope to see you there!

      Thanks,
      Dylan

      The Radix Ecological Sustainability Center is a new not-for-profit educational organization based in inner city Albany, NY.   The purpose of the Radix Center is to promote ecological literacy and environmental stewardship through educational programs based around demonstrations of sustainable technologies.

      The Center will teach practical skills that can be applied to create community self-reliance and environmental sustainability.  An emphasis will be placed on issues of food security, health, and the remediation of contaminated soils.

      In addition to beautifying a vacant lot, the Center will offer hands-on workshops and tours not only to area school groups, but to interested citizens throughout the Northeast.

      Come for a brief tour of the Radix Center and check out the progress we have made on our greenhouse building.
      We expect construction to be complete in the next few weeks.