[reminder] alt-folk at 51 3rd st. - Saturday!

  • Kirk Jalbert
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2010

    Hi folks - remember to come join us this Saturday at 51 3rd St. in Troy...

    A delightful night of alt-folk, freak-folk, fantasy-folk, and just good-folks.  This is a great collection of warm musicians and heartfelt songwriters - just in time for your winter hibernation.

    We will have hot cider on tap and a pre-show potluck for those who want to share a warm meal before the music.

    7pm potluck (bring to eat)
    8pm music starts
    Bring $5 for the bands

    The Points North (Boston):
    http://www.myspace.com/thepointsnorth
    TPN have opened for Phosphorescent, toured Europe, Australia, and all over North America.  Their last album was reviewed as a top-10 release by the Boston Globe.  Every time I see these guys I seem to fall asleep in a rocking chair and have wild dreams of adventures at sea.

    Free Bible Day (Troy):
    http://freebibleday.bandcamp.com/
    Self described Fantasy-Folk with songs like "Send me your Titans" and "I have to save the princess" - they will surely tap into you inner Zelda.

    Matt Fox (Worcester):
    http://www.myspace.com/matthewkfox
    Matt's a rolling stone and a humble guy in the tradition of Leadbelly, Guthrie, and Seeger who plays a pawn-shop guitar with 5 strings.