Guerrilla Media Screening plus I Need That Record

  • Steve Pierce
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2008
      Sanctuary logo

      This week at a glance

      Next week

      Coming up

      Sanctuary TV

      The folks at the Iraqi Children's Art Exchange, who organized the current show in our Underground Gallery, were finalists for the international 2008 ArtVenture "Freedom to Create" Prize. They also collaborated on a recent workshop at The Sanctuary for Independent Media with Iraqi children and their families who have found refuge in the Capital Region. Check out this five minute feature on Sanctuary TV!  Video

      Contact us

      We'd love to hear your questions and comments.Email us!

      This week

      Guerrilla Media Showcase!

      Guerrilla Media ShowcaseThis Wednesday (12/3) at 7 PM, we welcome video/web artist and all-around culture jammer Frank Lopez (coming to us from Vancouver, BC)!  His work includes the post- Katrina music video "George Bush Don't Like Black People" (downloaded over one million times and counting) and the vlog "It's the End of the World as We Know It and I Feel Fine" (which highlighted the Wafaa Bilal incident last spring).  He'll be presenting "Ground Noise & Static," a powerful documentary filmed in the midst of the protests at last summer's 2008 political conventions.

      Scott Beiben will open with shorts from the Lost Film Festival; a funeral for the Bush era with food and music is rumored to close the evening.  More

      "I Need That Record" w/ filmmaker Brendan Toller

      I Need That RecordAt 7 PM on Saturday (12/6), we present a documentary feature examining why more than 3,000 independent record stores have closed across the United States in the past decade. 22-year-old Brendan Toller, the film's director, will be present for a Q&A.  More

      Digital Media Lab

      Re-scheduled from the Thanksgiving weekend, our all-ages (14+) workshop from 1-5 PM this coming Sunday (12/7) will be useful for anyone working on a documentary, making a music video, learning to blog and post video to the internet, or otherwise engaged in digital media production. Info/register

      Support The Sanctuary for Independent Media! You can make a secure,
      tax-deductible online donation (or a gift in someone else's name) at:

      www.secure.groundspring.org

      Visit our website at

      www.MediaSanctuary.org

      for directions and more information about upcoming events!