Amazing Show this SATURDAY Jan. 5 !!!

  • Albany Sonic Arts
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2008
      Hey everyone - Happy New Year!  Hope everyone's well and enjoying our wintry start for 2008.

      I'm really excited to finally be announcing the official start of our monthly 2008 performance series for the Albany Sonic Arts Collective.  This Saturday, Jan. 5 at 7pm, we'll be kicking things off at the Upstate Artists Guild.  Anyone who came to our inaugural event there back in November knows what a treat this will be on Saturday.  A fantastic gallery space, two amazing musicians, and a great opportunity to see friends, meet some new faces, and be part of our growing community for experimental music here.  What better way to start the year off right?!?

      There will be two solo sets on Saturday.  First up will be Jason Cosco (http://jasoncosco.mosaicglobe.com/), a member of both the Grab Ass Cowboys and Death by a Thousand Cuts.  Jason will be doing solo turntables, percussion, and electronics.  This is a unique opportunity to see Jason work his magic in a solo setting.

      Then we'll have a solo set from Holland Hopson (http://www.hollandhopson.com).  This will be Holland's first local performance since returning to the Capital Region, and is bound to be a very special show.  He'll be performing on clawhammer banjo and electronics. Holland often augments his instruments with custom-designed sensor interfaces and performs with his own highly responsive, interactive computer programs.  He has performed and/or recorded with HollandÂ’s latest recording is "With Hidden Noises" released on Grab Rare Arts (www.grabrarearts.com).

      So here's the flyer - try to make it out if you can, and spread the news about this show too - we've got TONS more exciting announcements about future events coming soon, and you won't want to miss this first show.

      Holler if you have any questions...
      eric