TONIGHT: Fluttr and Bryan Thomas at the C+CC

  • J. Eric Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2004
      FRIDAY, OCTOBER 1: FLUTTR, with special guest BRYAN THOMAS
      Live eclectic rock music (featuring marimba and cello) from acclaimed
      Boston band, 8:00 PM (Lounge) FREE! (Although, as always, your donations
      are appreciated should you be inclined to make them).

      About FLUTTR: "These people can swing the odd meter, be as heavy as King
      Crimson, as intricate as early Mahavishnu Orchestra, as eccentric as
      early Eno, as majestic as Dead Can Dance and as delecately beautiful as
      Cocteau Twins."

      www.fluttr.com

      About Bryan Thomas: "A near-perfect depiction of that ethereal place
      where 'pop' and 'smart' aren't antonyms, and where the mind, soul and
      body can groove together without stepping on each others' toes, happy in
      the glow of fine, fine artistry and deep, deep passion - both of which
      Bryan Thomas displays like nobody's business."

      www.bryanthomas.com

      NOTE 1: Earl Patrick was originally scheduled to open this show, and was
      instrumental in helping us bring FLUTTR to Troy. Earl was injured in a
      diving accident this summer and is unable to play the show . . . he is
      planning to attend, however, and we dedicate the evening to him. Our
      special thanks to Bryan Thomas for standing in.

      NOTE 2: To preclude possible confusion, note that this show has nothing
      to do with the RPI EMPAC "Wow and Flutter" show, scheduled for the same
      night at the RPI Playhouse.

      ABOUT THE VENUE:
      Chapel + Cultural Center at Rensselaer
      2125 Burdett Avenue
      Troy, New York NY
      (518) 274-7793

      The C+CC is a family friendly, smoke and alcohol free venue. All ages
      are welcome.

      Easy access from anywhere in the Capital Region:

      1. Take I-787 (from the south or east) or Alternate Route 7 (from the
      north and west), following signs/exits for "Rt. 7 East,
      Troy-Bennington".
      2. Cross the Hudson River and follow signs for Rt. 7, Hoosick Street.
      3. At the 5th traffic light (about 1/2 mile), turn right (south) onto
      Burdett Avenue.
      4. Continue through the 2nd traffic light on Burdett Avenue (Peoples
      Avenue).
      5. The C+CC is on the right on the block after Peoples Avenue.

      AND PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THE FOLLOWING UPCOMING CONCERTS AND
      EVENTS:

      WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 6: VICE VERSA
      Multimedia concert featuring BRUCE EISENBEIL (guitars), CHARLES COHEN
      (synth), MICHAEL LOPEZ (drums) and SKFL (video), 8:00 PM (Main
      Auditorium, $10 general public, $3 students)

      TUESDAY, OCTOBER 12: PHIL OCHS SONG NIGHT
      Live music by Sonia, Magpie, Sharon Katz, Kim and Reggie Harris, Greg
      Greenway, Landfill Mountain Boys, Annie and the Hedonists, fundraiser
      for WRPI, 7:00 PM (Main Auditorium, donations encouraged)

      SATURDAY, OCTOBER 23: TANGO NIGHT AT THE C+CC
      Live music and dancing in the most sensuous of rhythmic arts, 8:00 PM
      (Main Auditorium, $10 general public, free to students)

      SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 13: SPIDER SALOFF
      Our favorite jazz singer returns for a concert in memory of longtime
      C+CC friend and supporter, the late Betty Wiberley, 8:00 PM (Main
      Auditorium, $15 general public, free for students)

      SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 20: LOOP SANCTUARY II CLOSING RECEPTION Electronic
      music, visual art, curated by and featuring Sara Ayers, 8:30 PM
      (Gallery, Main Auditorium)

      WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 1: BERTRAND FAY'S GREEK THEATRE
      One man, one stage, one classic Greek play, our December tradition, 7:00
      PM (Lounge)

      SATURDAY, DECEMBER 4: ARMENIAN ARTS AND CULTURE NIGHT AT THE C+CC Live
      music, speakers and food celebrating Armenian culture and heritage, 7:30
      PM (Main Auditorium)

      SUNDAY, DECEMBER 12: THE EARLY MUSES
      Live holiday music from medieval and renaissance days, 7:30 PM (Main
      Auditorium)

      All shows are free of charge unless otherwise indicated, though your
      donations to support our programs are greatly appreciated. This season
      has been made possible by the C+CC's partnership with the Rensselaer
      Union's Performing Arts Committee, for which we are most grateful. All
      gifts to the C+CC are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by
      law.

      Visit us online at: http://www.rpi.edu/web/C+CC/