All Larkin Shows Cancelled

  • dan goodspeed
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2004
      From: Dan Goodspeed, Larkin Booking Manager
      May 1, 2004

      Sad, sad news. Tonight as I was leaving the Larkin the new manager pulled me
      aside to say that the Larkin is closing indefinitely and even when they
      eventually reopen under new management, they may no longer even do music. The
      two years I’ve been booking shows at the Larkin, I’ve never cancelled a band.
      And now I have to cancel almost 100 bands at the same time. This change is
      immediate starting May 2, 2004.

      To all scheduled bands- you have my sincerest apologies and I’ll see what I can
      do about moving your shows to other venues. But if you don’t hear from me in
      the next few days, you should assume the show is completely cancelled. Feel
      free to let me know if you don’t want a show any place else and just to not
      bother trying to move it.

      What will become of the Larkin? All Larkin related questions now should be
      directed toward Dave, the new manager there, at 518-463-5225. Pretty much
      everything I know about the change was already mentioned.

      What will become of the BUMrock Open Mic? The hugely successful open mic won’t
      be held down for long. Paddy Kilrain and I will discuss our options and let
      everyone know when and where future open mics will be held through the BUMlocal
      email list (www.bumlocal.com/signup)

      What about Nate Buccieri's Piano Bar On Wednesdays? You can still see Nate at
      the Van Dyck every Thursday. Contact him directly for anything more.

      What about me? I’ll still be running BUMrock.com and BUMlocal.com with a new
      site that will be big big big due real soon now, and is expected to benefit the
      capital district music scene... lots. I’ve also been wanting to open my own
      music venue/web cafe which will feature the perfect mix of DIY shows and bigger
      national acts. Hopefully I will make that happen sooner than later. Wish me
      luck and feel free to sign up for BUMlocal.com for updates on that.

      Thanks for your understanding about the Larkin.

      -dan goodspeed
      www.bumlocal.com
      www.bumrock.com