Music for America volunteer opportunities

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hello political junkies,

      I'm writing in to tell you that Music for America will be coming to Atlanta, Boston,
      NYC, Minneapolis and San Francisco in the next 4 weeks. One of our staff members
      will be in the Atlanta area to talk with local politicians, activists, student leaders,
      bands, and clubs. If you fit into any of these categories, or are just looking to
      volunteer, we'd love to meet with you while we're in town.

      What is Music for America?

      Music for America is a nonprofit political organization getting 1 million new voters
      energized to participate in the 2004 elections. Through live concerts and an
      interactive webzine , we are connecting culture and progressive politics, exposing
      political hypocrisies, and igniting a grassroots movement.

      Our website offers daily news updates, blog postings by MfA staff and readers -
      blogs are freely given to anyone who makes a request - downloadable music and
      video footage of MfA artists and events, and a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) kit that teaches
      people how to throw their own conerts to raise awareness or funds for an issue.

      Check out our website at www.musicforamerica.org. If you'd like to schedule some
      time to meet with our staff during their visit, contact me off-list at
      mike@....

      Look forward to talking with y'all.

      Michael Connery
      Co-Director, Outreach