tonite - tuesdays - thejessestiles3000 - flip one - back from japan

  • Kevin Luddy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2003
      greetings.
      http://www.goodship.net/tuesdays

      -=[ july is lmnopf showcase month! ]=-

      for the month of july we have secured the extraordinary video talents
      of the famous visual design syndicate "lmnopf." lmnopf members will be
      gracing our stage throughout the month of july with different types of
      video expression, including custom software and interfaces, experiments
      in simplified expression, interactive and live video, and a new and
      upcoming form of art, videotape.

      how do you say lmnopf? well, no one knows, or everyone says it right.
      but thats the whole glass half-full vs. falf-empty thing, so i'll give
      you a few options. my personal favorite is saying the letters:
      l-m-n-o-p-f. it just rolls off the tongue, like making out with the
      alphabet. in the shower. then there is the common, lymph-nov, which
      sounds more like a russion disease to me, or with slight variation a
      james bond character; "pardon me ms. limpnov, can you give me a hand
      with this?" other formulations might accent the nop, the f, or the
      lmn. its also fun to make the l and i and call them impnofs, but thats
      just insulting, they arent that short.

      check them out. http://www.lmnopf.com -- (stand back a few feet and
      that black and white box will make sense)

      -=[ for the music ]=-

      thejessestiles3000 - yes, mr. stiles (that is a real name), back from
      mongolia unharmed. laptop hacked up faces melting over tea on the
      beach.

      flip one - he makes turntablism look so easy you'd think he was an
      alien.

      back from japan - more attempts to spread prefuse 73 to the world

      -=[ drink specials ]=-

      10-2
      2 for 1 well drinks
      $2 pints of yeungling and miller hi-life
      $4 pitchers of busch

      -=[ and its air conditioned! ]=-

      every tuesday
      b.r. finley's
      87 4th street
      (dis)troy, ny

      starts around 10:30

      -=[ thursdays ]=-

      thursdays is breaks night with rotating djs:

      dj panzah zandahz (underground hip hop, old skool, new skool,
      turntablism, live skillz)
      flip one (hip hop, hip hop, tricks, and more hip hop)
      soulfood (drum + bass, breakbeats, trip hop, beats)
      shift (funk, reggae, old skool hip hop, ragga jungle, drum and bass)
      back from japan (abstract beats, underground hip hop, idm, trip hop)

      (beat oriented music)