Hello and Merry Meet

  • Becca A.K.A. Black Dove
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2002

      Well I haven't introduced myself I have been sort of just sitting back and checking things out so I thought I should come out of the Darkness and say hello and post one of my poems so here goes:

      "Misfortunate Goddess"

      by Black Dove

      There is a pain deep with in her heart
      it started from childhood her life being torn apart
      many cold years go by, little light there will be
      glowing with love is all that people see
      she holds her head strong hiding all of her pains
      slowly the darkness will run threw all of her veins
      she seeks for help but none can truly be found
      only misfortune keeps striking her to the ground
      she wonders how much more can her soul take
      she prey's that only this life it will be her fate
      I hope this life will not make her heartless
      for these are the lessons of a misfortunate goddess.

      Also I should mention if you couldn't tell I never did well in my english classes or know correct or proper ways to write poetry I just write what comes from my heart. Anyways I will go for now hope you enjoy.

      In Darkness and Light,
      Black Dove
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
        Dear Black Dove (Becca)...I am glad you found us. Thank you for
        introducing yourself, and welcome to ticket2write. I hope you will
        consider it to be your own writers group on Yahoo.

        I truly enjoyed your poem. Everywoman should think of herself
        as a goddess at times, even when life does not go according to
        plan. You offered a unique perspective.

        As to developing your craft, there are tons of books available, and
        a class at your local community college could offer some
        technical help and inspire you to keep at it. I think you have a fine
        start, and hope you find what you want. If nothing else, we can
        offer a good readership here.

        Suzianne
        suzianne411@...
        http://ticket2write.com

        --- In ticket2write@y..., "Becca A.K.A. Black Dove" <becca@m...>
        wrote:
        > Well I haven't introduced myself I have been sort of just sitting
        back and
        > checking things out so I thought I should come out of the
        Darkness and say
        > hello and post one of my poems so here goes:
        >
        > "Misfortunate Goddess"
        > by Black Dove
        >
        > There is a pain deep with in her heart
        > it started from childhood her life being torn apart
        > many cold years go by, little light there will be
        > glowing with love is all that people see
        > she holds her head strong hiding all of her pains
        > slowly the darkness will run threw all of her veins
        > she seeks for help but none can truly be found
        > only misfortune keeps striking her to the ground
        > she wonders how much more can her soul take
        > she prey's that only this life it will be her fate
        > I hope this life will not make her heartless
        > for these are the lessons of a misfortunate goddess.
        > Also I should mention if you couldn't tell I never did well in my
        english
        > classes or know correct or proper ways to write poetry I just
        write what
        > comes from my heart. Anyways I will go for now hope you
        enjoy.

        > In Darkness and Light,
        > Black Dove
      • jerry5849
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
          My dear,
          Thank you so much for posting. What you may lack in skill is more
          than made up for in heart. The Goddess shines through your words.
          Welcome aboard and I hope to see many critiques and works from you
          soon.
          Jerry
          jerry5849@...