Spooky Stories?

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2002
      The time has come, once again, to dig deep into your writer's
      bag of tricks to find a treat.

      Why not delite all the members of ticket2write with a good
      Halloween short story? Ghosts, ghouls, witches, monsters,
      other worldly beings and creepy storts all make good characters
      for stories. Cook up something delicious for our group calderon.

      Those of you who are shy about posting your work are welcome
      to wear a mask and costume.

      Let's do something special for each other at this special time of
      the year.

      Deadline: October 31st

      Suzianne
      suzianne411@...
      http://www.tricket2write.com
    • Mark Williams
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2002
        Dream Witch

        Have you ever seen her face? The witch who used to chase you
        through your dreams? She chased me too, she chased all of us.
        Everyone has a place to run. I'd run to my parent's room. Struggling
        through that spell of hers, the one where invisible molasses put you
        into slow-mo. She'd step out from the spare-room then. A spider
        edging from her crack. Unhurried, bony hands sliding from black folds
        and oh that cold fear crawling on my shoulders. I never looked back.
        It was what saved me.

        Pop culture gave her a grandson, a knife-fingered fellow who
        lives on Elm Street, but it's the old lady who gives me chills. She's
        been around. She knows the score. I'm sure she throttled cot-deaths
        in ancient Babylon before Christ was a twinkle. She lives in the
        spare-room of a terraced house long since demolished. She lives
        between the lines, in the quiet moments, in the nodding of your head
        as she pulls you down to sleep. She lives in memory and passes from
        one to another like a disease, vectored not in coughs and sneezes but
        in story. That's how she finds you. All it takes is a casual mention
        and she's made her lair in the shadows at the back of your mind. It's
        too late now, you've read too far... but when you feel her approach
        tonight... don't look at her face.

        Mark
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/creative_writing
      • bianca_boonstra
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2002
          I just wrote a little poem for Halloween, hope that is okay too?
          Meant for children to read...

          The Halloween Flu

          A young little ghost
          Sat sad in a corner
          Holding his head in his hands

          All the others
          Have the time of their lives
          Why he is sad, no one understands

          A sudden sneezing, a hard "atchoo"
          Especially for ghosts on Halloween taboo

          The oldest ghost came
          His conclusion was clear
          "He has the Halloween flu
          Atchoo we must hear
          We will take him with us, our new boo will be
          Atchoo….the humans won't expect that, you see?"

          So our young little ghost
          Has a fun time too
          Scaring the people
          With constant "Atchoo"