Re:Oh, The Pain

  • Cariad
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5 11:08 AM
      Hey-o Swede,

      Yeah, you got it right. I laughed, and nodded my head sagely at the
      end. There's a lot of wisdom in what you wrote. Great delivery.

      (BTW, I won't say anything to my Norwegian friend about you if you
      don't. ;)

      =====
      @}~~>~~>~~
      Love & Pixiedust
      Cariad

      The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper. --Eden Phillpotts

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • theswede8
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5 2:18 PM
        Hi Cariad,

        Swede is a childhood name that seems to have stuck. Last name is
        Swenson, hence the "Swede" moniker, but i'm mostly German in ethnic
        origin as far as I know from my father's side. My great grandfather
        on my mother's side was left on the doorstep of a fisherman along the
        Mississippi River just north of St. Louis. Have no idea what his
        ethnic background is. Mom thinks Irish and Black Dutch...a guess
        that has our family laughing. Not that there's anything wrong with
        Irish or Black Dutch. But for my mother, a formidable racist from
        the old school, to admit to having anything "black" in her veins
        (though we all know that being Black Dutch has nothing to do with
        being black) is a real hoot and is occasionally used as a goad for
        her small-minded and hateful attitudes.

        So...there's the low down on ole Swede. hehheh

        Love to all,

        Swede
      • pagereiter
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 6 2:52 PM
          Oh, my dear Swedie! Not laughing at all though your description was,
          I suspect, intended as black humor. That particular ailment is no
          laughing matter and nothing a person cares to bruit about certainly.
          I very much enjoyed the read though I certainly feel bad that anybody
          should have sufficient experience to write it so well!

          Page