roll call

  • littleyarns
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5, 2002
      I owe a great deal of thanks to Yahoo for completing its transition
      into Slowhoo. From the time I clicked to enter T2W until the time it
      took to load the homepage, I got several of my stories up,
      and out the door to publishers. All kidding aside, this club is
      taking so long to load pages (at least for me) that I don't have
      the time to wait to read all the messages I'd like. I'm
      not noticing this with other clubs. Is anyone else experiencing any
      of the same?

      All the best,

      Jan
      (same old)
    • sharylee63
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6, 2002
        Yes, Jan, I'm as frustrated as you are with Slowhoo. It takes me
        several minutes just to get to a couple messages. I get those ads
        that say click here to continue to message, and there are long
        periods of time when the page is just plain white while it dinks
        around with loading, so it's not just you. This is the only club of
        which I'm a member, so I can only speak of T2W, but I know it's not
        my computer cuz I have the same problem on 2 diff. computers, and
        every other website I go to loads fine. Also, before I could even
        reply to your message, I had to log in again, and for some reason it
        doesn't always take my password either. I was also very disappointed
        with Yahoo to learn that they have reset all our marketing
        preferences and place everyone on an automatic "web beacon" unless
        you opt out, which you can bet I did. My, my. I thought technology
        is suppose to IMPROVE. Yahoo certainly does not show that to be the
        case. I declare this "International Down on Yahoo Day"!

        An annoyed Sharylee

        --- In ticket2write@y..., littleyarns <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > I owe a great deal of thanks to Yahoo for completing its transition
        > into Slowhoo. From the time I clicked to enter T2W until the time
        it
        > took to load the homepage, I got several of my stories up,
        > and out the door to publishers. All kidding aside, this club is
        > taking so long to load pages (at least for me) that I don't have
        > the time to wait to read all the messages I'd like. I'm
        > not noticing this with other clubs. Is anyone else experiencing
        any
        > of the same?
        >
        > All the best,
        >
        > Jan
        > (same old)
      • littleyarns
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2002
          Thanks for your comments. That message I posted didn't show up as
          soon as it should have, so I thought it was lost. Even at that, it
          took forever to load; then it disappeared altogether for sometime.
          Maybe our moderators can wield some influence with Yahoo.

          All the best with your writing,

          Jan
        • backwaterjon
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 10, 2002
            ALL Yahoo groups are like this, including the one I moderate. While
            it is frustrating, we are getting this service free. Where else are
            there as nice a bunch of professional writers who help each other
            like we all are family and friends? To me, it's worth the wait to
            get to shat with you nice people. To get to read your works. Hear
            your gripes. See your dreams unfold in printed accepted for
            publication, print.
            And I get just as frustrated as do any of you. Perhaps the folks at
            Yahoo are trying to keep our groups available to us while they are
            working frantically to smash the bugs.
            Jon Wood