Re: A Bit of Bush, “Do I look, as though I’m ‘full’?" (Bernard 41829)

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2013
      Hi Bernie my old mate.
      Haven't heard from you awhile and thought you'd gone walkabout.
      True to form I've got a bit of nit-picking with your latest.
      last line: "Oh Blondie will get this man a Bundy OP etc"

      I believe the word 'will' is redundant unless I'm reading it wrong.
      Anyway good to see you up to your usual form.
      As Always
      Wings.

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Bernard d" <rede2rollbaby@...> wrote:

      > Do I look, as though I'm `full'?
      >

      > Stone the bleeding crows I ask you, "Do I look, as though I'm
      > `full'?
      > I can still stand and see the two of you, mate I'm fit as a Mallee
      > bull."
      > No problem with vision, or my balance, I can walk either dotted line,
      > if it's your round and you're buying, another OP. Bundy will be
      > fine!
      >
      > No worries, with the booze bus…you've no idea how good that
      > feels!
      > I know I parked them somewhere, but I forget where I put my wheels.
      > Come off the grass, I don't look seedy, don't come the old raw
      > prawn!
      > go ask anyone if I look like, a bloke who wants a `techni-colour
      > yawn'.
      >
      > It's strictly medicinal anyway…I must always watch my grog
      > intakes,
      > it's all about that delirium thing, you know, `the ol' ducks
      > and drakes'.
      > The strange look in my eyes? Where did you get all that `hocus
      > pocus',
      > it's the TV screens and fancy lights, making the beggars hard to
      > focus!
      >
      > Matter of fact old son, I have to say, you don't look `spot
      > on' yourself,
      > if anyone set you up for display, you'd go straight on the bottom
      > shelf.
      > Mind you, it could be just that lighting that mutates how things appear,
      > Mate some things you say are hard to catch…you're often hard to
      > hear.
      >
      > Ah, what the Hell, who gives a tinker's curse, how you sound, or
      > look,
      > come on buy that Bundy, it could be dehydration making you so crook.
      > What was that, you said? Strike me pink, you're bloody hard, to
      > catch!
      > "Oh Blondie, will get this man a Bundy OP and bring me one to
      > match"…
      >
      > ©. Copyright: Bernard de Silva…Friday, May 31st. 2013…

    • Bernard d
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2013
        G'day Wings,
        Spot on again, My Old China,
        Crikey, I must have been full! I get into
        strife like this because, for some reason
        I abhor ragged line lengths...I do recall
        shoving in the "Oh" but didn't notice I'd
        somehow forgotten a "you" in the process.
        Dropping the "will" is the obvious answer.
        Cheers, Old Son,
        Bernie...