A Bit of Bush, “Do I look, as though I’m ‘full’?"

  • Bernard d
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2013

      Do I look, as though I'm  `full'?

      Stone the bleeding crows I ask you, "Do I look, as though I'm  `full'?
      I can still stand and see the two of you, mate I'm fit as a Mallee bull."
      No problem with vision, or my balance, I can walk either dotted line,
      if it's your round and you're buying, another OP. Bundy will be fine!

      No worries, with the booze bus…you've no idea how good that feels!
      I know I parked them somewhere, but I forget where I put my wheels.
      Come off the grass, I don't look seedy, don't come the old raw prawn!
      go ask anyone if I look like, a bloke who wants a `techni-colour yawn'.

      It's strictly medicinal anyway…I must always watch my grog intakes,
      it's all about that delirium thing, you know, `the ol' ducks and drakes'.
      The strange look in my eyes? Where did you get all that `hocus pocus',
      it's the TV screens and fancy lights, making the beggars hard to focus!

      Matter of fact old son, I have to say, you don't look `spot on' yourself,
      if anyone set you up for display, you'd go straight on the bottom shelf.
      Mind you, it could be just that lighting that mutates how things appear,
      Mate some things you say are hard to catch…you're often hard to hear.

      Ah, what the Hell, who gives a tinker's curse, how you sound, or look,
      come on buy that Bundy, it could be dehydration making you so crook.
      What was that, you said? Strike me pink, you're bloody hard, to catch!
      "Oh Blondie, will get this man a Bundy OP and bring me one to match"…

      ©. Copyright: Bernard de Silva…Friday, May 31st. 2013…

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2013
        Hi Bernie my old mate.
        Haven't heard from you awhile and thought you'd gone walkabout.
        True to form I've got a bit of nit-picking with your latest.
        last line: "Oh Blondie will get this man a Bundy OP etc"

        I believe the word 'will' is redundant unless I'm reading it wrong.
        Anyway good to see you up to your usual form.
        As Always
        Wings.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2013
          G'day Wings,
          Spot on again, My Old China,
          Crikey, I must have been full! I get into
          strife like this because, for some reason
          I abhor ragged line lengths...I do recall
          shoving in the "Oh" but didn't notice I'd
          somehow forgotten a "you" in the process.
          Dropping the "will" is the obvious answer.
          Cheers, Old Son,
          Bernie...