AS FATE MAY CONSIGN…

  • Bernard d
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22 7:11 AM
      AS FATE MAY CONSIGN…

      To arrogant ignorance, I offer, neither sufferance, nor platitude,

      though readily I concede, Compassion tempers not my attitude.

      That valued commodity, is reserved for those lacking in fortune,

      all souls who strive for a footing, in the face of Life inopportune.

      When Fate consigns her vagary, she is a most capricious wench,

      burdensome Vacuity or the seeds of brilliance she may entrench.

      Motivation she misplaces and ability and ignorance are confused,

      challenged, struggle valiantly whilst intrinsic brilliance is diffused.

      Who shall persist and who from the quest, shall choose to resign?

      Birth right sets station but alters not what Fate opted to consign.

      Pilgrim, is it your lot to strive then feel none see what you attain,

      does knowledge gleaned feed tenacity, so you venture yet again?

      Experience, your tutor, might be the harshest mentor of them all,

      but precedent and pain of learning make a lesson easier to recall.

      None escape Fate's vagary, and Fortune's clasp is readily undone…

      All are at her mercy, each mother's daughter, every mother's son.

      Our basic attributes, pathways of life, the future none can foresee,

      we can but accept whatever odyssey fickle Fate chooses to decree.

      All our triumphs, all of our failings, whether by accident, or design,

      shall be balanced in Life's ledger, against all she wishes to consign.

      ©. Copyright: Bernard de Silva… 2013.