Fw: Celebrate the Lyric! 2 events this weekend!

    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2013

      --- On Tue, 5/7/13, The Poetry Center of Chicago <handsonstanzas@...> wrote:

      From: The Poetry Center of Chicago <handsonstanzas@...>
      Subject: Celebrate the Lyric! 2 events this weekend!
      To: suzianne411@...
      Date: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 9:12 AM

      PCOC Logo

      _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

      CONNECT WITH US!

      Like us @

       _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

      UPCOMING EVENTS

      A HEAP OF LANGUAGE:
      The Poetry Center's  year of events hosted at
      the Chicago Cultural Center: Where language meets everything else

      SAIC's Lyric Voice

      Friday, May 10 - 3:30pm
      Chicago Chicago Cultural Center
      Garland Room, 1st Floor

      Verse/Chorus

        Saturday, May 11 - 3:30pm
      Chicago Chicago Cultural Center
      Millennium Park Room, 5th Floor

      Leila Wilson
      & Averill Curdy:
      Reading and Book Release
      Thursday,
      May 23 - 6:00pm
      Chicago Chicago Cultural Center
      Millennium Park Room, 5th Floor

      For more information please visit:

      GIVE THE GIFT OF POETRY
      Poetry Broadsides
      Order yours today!

      Natalie Merchant "Motherland"
      Natalie Merchant broadside
      Treat the poetry lover in your life to one of our beautifully crafted, limited edition, poetry broadsides or choose from any of our quality products. The Poetry Center store carries a variety of goods, including superbly mastered digital CD recordings of compiled and individual Poetry Center readings, past and current editions of the Hands on Stanzas anthology, and unique poetry t-shrits and caps.

      Visit our on-line gallery to browse our collection of broadsides and for a complete catalog of all our products.

      donate button
      Chicago Scene
      Local Poetry Event Resource

      The Poetry Center's Chicago Scene is an on-line tool which lists poetry readings and events in  and around Chicago.  Visit the Poetry Center website to see current listings, and find out how to get your own poetry event listed.

      Join us as we
      Celebrate the Lyric
      with:

      SAIC's Lyric Voice
       A Reading & Performance

       Friday, May 10, 2013 @ 3:30pm

      Verse/Chorus:

      Putting Poetry to Music

       Friday, May 10, 2013 @ 3:30pm

      Details on each event below:

      PC Event Series Logo

      SAIC's Lyric Voice

      Friday, May 10 @ 3:30p

      Randolph Cafe, 1st Floor

      Chicago Cultural Center

      Students from the School of the Art Institute's Lyric Voice course, taught by writer Leila Wilson, will read, show, and perform their poetry, film, monologue, and comic projects.

      Saturday, May 11 @ 3p

      Millennium Park Room, 5th Floor

      Chicago Cultural Center   Join the band 80 Foot Per Minute for an afternoon of music set to the texts of Charles Baudelaire, Walt Whitman, and other found texts. Verse/Chorus is Emmy Bean, Troy Martin, and Chris Schoen.

      An independent not-for-profit arts organization founded in 1974, The Poetry Center of Chicago's mission is to promote poetry through readings, workshops, residencies and arts education, to make poetry accessible to the general public, to stimulate and encourage young poets, and to advance the careers of poets by offering them professional opportunities. The Poetry Center is in residence at the Chicago Cultural Center. A Heap of Language is the Poetry Center's 2012/13 Event Series, at the Chicago Cultural Center.

      For information about any of our programs or to order Reading Series tickets go to poetrycenter.org or call 312.609.1000.

      This email was sent to suzianne411@... by handsonstanzas@... |
      The Poetry Center | 78 East Washington St. | Pedway East | Chicago Cultural Center | Chicago | IL | 60602