Re: My birthday (Suzianne 41793)

    Message 1 of 8 , May 3, 2013

      You have given me something to contemplate...a lifetime of Fridays!

      Maybe I will venture out and buy a Lotto ticket. Even if my chances of winning are slim, it will give me a chance to dream of what I would do with the winnings.

      Suzianne

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Wings081" <wings081@...> wrote:

      > Dear Suzi
      >
      > Re: "Every other day is Friday".
      >
      > Almost every Thursday in my house you may hear the following conversation:
      > Me: "do you people realise what today is?"
      > My listeners: "Go on then; put us wise, have we forgotten someone's birthday?"
      > Me: "No, today is Thursday which means tomorrow is Friday and
      > I'm pretty sure yesterday was Thursday. What's happened to
      > the days? Before you know it we'll be writing Christmas cards".
      >
      > You may have hit upon the mystery of time Suzi.
      > Researching The Maya LONG COUNT we find that a cycle lasted 7885 years
      > after which the universe is destroyed and recreated.
      > You will recall our universe should have been destroyed December 2012.
      > Have you considered that maybe it did end and we are now living
      > in a new cycle where every other day is a Friday?
      > Personally, I don't give a feather or a fig because Friday is
      > the day I intend to scoop £21millions on the lottery.
      > I'll keep you posted but don't hold your breath because
      > the odds against me winning are around 150million to one.
      > Have a great Friday.
      > As Ever
      > Wings.

    • atc781
      Message 2 of 8 , May 4, 2013
        Cheers, Jim. Much appreciated!

        Best regards,

        Trevor

        --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Lamoreux" <jlamoreux@...> wrote:

        > A little late but Happy Birthday Carol and Trevor too.
        >
        > Jim.
        >

        > Dear Wings, Suzi, Marge, and Jay,
        > Thank you all for the kind wishes. Another year has gone by so quickly. I
        > think the older I get, the faster time accelerates.
        > Trevor, I'm drinking a cup of Chai tea and watching the snow--a hearty happy
        > birthday to you.
        > Always,

      • carol_emt87
        Message 3 of 8 , May 8, 2013
          Thanks Jim. I had a busy weekend away from the computer--grandchildren birthday party (girl-one and boy--five), chorale concert on Sunday, and my sister has come to visit.
          Thankfully the snow is a distant memory and the summer songbirds return, filling my yard with color.
          Carol