Re: My birthday

  • carol_emt87
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2, 2013
      Dear Wings, Suzi, Marge, and Jay,
      Thank you all for the kind wishes. Another year has gone by so quickly. I think the older I get, the faster time accelerates.
      Trevor, I'm drinking a cup of Chai tea and watching the snow--a hearty happy birthday to you.
      Always,
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2, 2013
        Dear Carol...I was just thinking the same thing about time passing more quickly these days. It seems like every other day is Friday (garbage day) now, but in the old days when I was working, Fridays always took their own sweet time.

        Suzianne

        --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "carol_emt87" <carol_emt87@...> wrote:

        > Dear Wings, Suzi, Marge, and Jay,
        > Thank you all for the kind wishes. Another year has gone by so quickly. I think the older I get, the faster time accelerates.
        > Trevor, I'm drinking a cup of Chai tea and watching the snow--a hearty happy birthday to you.
        > Always,
        > Carol

      • Jay Doggett
        Message 3 of 8 , May 3, 2013

          I saw that you got snow. It's a bit strange that up here in the arctic circle known as New Hampshire, we have 70 degree weather. (Which for us is almost summer!)

          I hope it melts fast and warms up!

            Message 5 of 8 , May 3, 2013
              Dear Suzi

              Re: "Every other day is Friday".

              Almost every Thursday in my house you may hear the following conversation:
              Me: "do you people realise what today is?"
              My listeners: "Go on then; put us wise, have we forgotten someone's birthday?"
              Me: "No, today is Thursday which means tomorrow is Friday and
              I'm pretty sure yesterday was Thursday. What's happened to
              the days? Before you know it we'll be writing Christmas cards".

              You may have hit upon the mystery of time Suzi.
              Researching The Maya LONG COUNT we find that a cycle lasted 7885 years
              after which the universe is destroyed and recreated.
              You will recall our universe should have been destroyed December 2012.
              Have you considered that maybe it did end and we are now living
              in a new cycle where every other day is a Friday?
              Personally, I don't give a feather or a fig because Friday is
              the day I intend to scoop £21millions on the lottery.
              I'll keep you posted but don't hold your breath because
              the odds against me winning are around 150million to one.
              Have a great Friday.
              As Ever
              Message 6 of 8 , May 3, 2013

                You have given me something to contemplate...a lifetime of Fridays!

                Maybe I will venture out and buy a Lotto ticket. Even if my chances of winning are slim, it will give me a chance to dream of what I would do with the winnings.

                Suzianne

                --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Wings081" <wings081@...> wrote:

                > Dear Suzi
                >
                > Re: "Every other day is Friday".
                >
                > Almost every Thursday in my house you may hear the following conversation:
                > Me: "do you people realise what today is?"
                > My listeners: "Go on then; put us wise, have we forgotten someone's birthday?"
                > Me: "No, today is Thursday which means tomorrow is Friday and
                > I'm pretty sure yesterday was Thursday. What's happened to
                > the days? Before you know it we'll be writing Christmas cards".
                >
                > You may have hit upon the mystery of time Suzi.
                > Researching The Maya LONG COUNT we find that a cycle lasted 7885 years
                > after which the universe is destroyed and recreated.
                > You will recall our universe should have been destroyed December 2012.
                > Have you considered that maybe it did end and we are now living
                > in a new cycle where every other day is a Friday?
                > Personally, I don't give a feather or a fig because Friday is
                > the day I intend to scoop £21millions on the lottery.
                > I'll keep you posted but don't hold your breath because
                > the odds against me winning are around 150million to one.
                > Have a great Friday.
                > As Ever
                > Wings.

              • atc781
                Message 7 of 8 , May 4, 2013
                  Cheers, Jim. Much appreciated!

                  Best regards,

                  Trevor

                  --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Lamoreux" <jlamoreux@...> wrote:

                  > A little late but Happy Birthday Carol and Trevor too.
                  >
                  > Jim.
                  >

                  > Dear Wings, Suzi, Marge, and Jay,
                  > Thank you all for the kind wishes. Another year has gone by so quickly. I
                  > think the older I get, the faster time accelerates.
                  > Trevor, I'm drinking a cup of Chai tea and watching the snow--a hearty happy
                  > birthday to you.
                  > Always,

                • carol_emt87
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 8, 2013
                    Thanks Jim. I had a busy weekend away from the computer--grandchildren birthday party (girl-one and boy--five), chorale concert on Sunday, and my sister has come to visit.
                    Thankfully the snow is a distant memory and the summer songbirds return, filling my yard with color.
                    Carol