Fw: 45 New Lit Mags Seeking Your Work

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9 4:38 AM

      --- On Tue, 4/9/13, Poets & Writers <newsletter@...> wrote:

      From: Poets & Writers <newsletter@...>
      Subject: 45 New Lit Mags Seeking Your Work
      To: suzianne411@...
      Date: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 5:03 AM

      Poets & Writers E-Newsletter

      POETS & WRITERS MAGAZINE    |    CLASSIFIEDS    |    CONTEST DEADLINES    |    DONATE
                                                                                                              Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
      45 New Literary Magazines
      Seeking Your Work
      SAND We've added 45 new listings to our Literary Magazines Database since January 1. Browse the additions, which are among the database's 870+ journal listings. For each, you'll find submission guidelines, contact information, editorial policies, and other helpful details.

      Among the recent additions is SAND, an English-language journal from Berlin, currently reading for poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction.

      For more ideas on where to submit, follow our lit mag feed on Twitter: @pwlitmagster.

      Video: Tracy K. Smith on Poetic Process, Culture, and More
      Tracy K. Smith in P. O. P.

      "I feel safest when I'm furthest from what I know," says Pulitzer Prize winner Tracy K. Smith in this video--a recent installment of Rachel Eliza Griffith's P.O.P. series, which explores contemporary poetry through candid conversation sparked by questions posed anonymously by other poets.

      Watch the Video

      Support for Parents & Writers

      Red Mill Vermont Studio Center
      The Vermont Studio Center is one residency program that has created programs specifically for parents. Credit: Maxwell Mackenzie.
      Residencies offer writers time and space to write in a supportive community, and can move one's craft and career forward. But for parents, the logistics of attending a residency can be an insurmountable challenge. Some organizations, like the Sustainable Arts Foundation, the Vermont Studio Center, and the Alliance of Artists Communities, are offering support tailored to writers who are also parents. To learn more, read Carrie Nell's report in Poets & Writers Magazine.

      Parents + Writers

      Arthur Sze Awarded Poets & Writers'

      Jackson Poetry Prize

      Arthur Sze Arthur Sze is the winner of the 2013 Jackson Poetry Prize. The $50,000 award, given annually by Poets & Writers and made possible by the Liana Foundation, honors an American poet of exceptional talent who deserves wider recognition.

      The judges--Reginald Gibbons, Natasha Trethewey, and C. D. Wright--noted Sze's rare powers of observation: "Little escapes his attention, be it a particular mushroom camouflaged in the forest floor or light lifting off the length of a power line while a sous-chef slices ginger and scallions."

      Read the Press Release

      40% Discount for Writers to Advertise (Sponsored Article)
      Poets & Writers Magazine is pleased to offer authors advertising their books a 40% discount in our July/August issue! Our summer issue showcases the biggest titles of the season, along with author profiles, a special section on agents, and our signature listings of grants and awards.

      Poets & Writers Magazine reaches over 100,000 serious writers and book buyers. Discounted ads start at just $225. We can even design an ad for you. The reservation deadline is May 2.

      Job Listings

      Search for jobs within our frequently updated job listings.

      Find Information About P&W's Summer Internships

      See Complete Listing of Jobs and Internships

      Purchase a Job Listing

      What Are Friends for?
      We rely on you to support the publications and services that writers need. To keep our programs strong, we need at least 200 new Friends of Poets & Writers this April.

      Become a Friend for only $35 and we'll send you a year of Poets & Writers Magazine. Join at $50, and you'll receive a classic writer's notebook, too.

      What's more, you'll have the satisfaction of contributing--helping to keep Poets & Writers going strong for you and writers everywhere.

      Yes, I want to help Poets & Writers!

      Miami Writers Institute

      World Book Night spreading the love of reading, April 23

      Hay House Writers Workshop

      Poets & Writers advertising discount for writers advertising their own books

      ADVERTISE    |    SUBSCRIBE    |    DONATE    |    ABOUT P&W
      Poets & Writers is the primary source of information, support,
      and guidance for creative writers. Learn more at pw.org.

      Manage your e-newsletter subscriptions at My P&W.

      Gray

      Like us on Facebook   Follow us on Twitter   Tumblr   View our videos on YouTube   Find us on Pinterest   View our photos on flickr   SoundCloud

      This email was sent to suzianne411@... by newsletter@... |
      Poets & Writers | 90 Broad Street, Suite 2100 | New York | NY | 10004