Re: Mightier than the Sword (Suzianne 41731)

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 22, 2013
      Dear Suzi
      Re: "I will be like Dame Maggie Smith when I grow up"

      Sorry, I don't envisage such a role in life for you.
      Casting my mind back to my days of silver screen feminine worship
      I made a list of stars for you to adopt as your future
      role model in life:
      Irene Dunne,Jean Arthur,Myrna Loy,Loretto Young,Claudette Colbert,
      Ingrid Bergman and Doris Day.All fit the bill but I believe you have more than a little Irish fire in your persona and so I've decided you will be Maureen O'Hara.
      Hoping this is acceptable.
      As Ever
      Wings (aka the quiet man)

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 23, 2013

        I admire all of those ladies, but Maureen O'Hara would certainly be my choice of the lot. She was close to perfection with beauty, talent, a great voice and the ability to hold her own with any leading man. I will be watching the Quiet Man on St. Patty's night, or the next night if the party runs late.

        Still, when I watch Maggie Smith, I see a little glint in her eye that convinces me that her character was a charming young woman who had her share of fun in her youth.