Re: Mightier than the Sword. Response to Wings (mtracht 41725)

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2013
      Dear Milt
      I may be able to offer you some support with this as you
      appear to have knowledge of my early years.
      There were seven of us kids and I was the eldest boy.
      We also lived, like you, in a three bedroom end-of- terrace
      House which had the largest garden on the estate.
      Dad had received a good private education but, due to
      financial pressures, we kids were taught the basic 3Rs.
      `reading, riting and rithmatic' to equip us for the life
      of a labourer. Well someone's got to clean up the crumbs
      on the floor after the lords and ladies have finished their
      banquet.
      However we did benefit enormously from those pearls
      of wisdom handed down by our parents.
      Father had been a teacher at the Camberwell School of Art after his demob and mother was a seamstress who spent much of WW1 as an
      inspector for the A.I.D.( Aeronautical Inspection Directorate.)

      Re. "Fairy tale existence": No way, but there again
      none of your violence, deception,degradation or hypocracy.

      I note a small glitch in your chapter commencing:
      "My Childhood": You have repetition with: "The house had huge lawns
      with lots of shrubs" perhaps however you did this purposely to
      accentuate the landscaping or maybe you wanted to check if
      members read your work thoroughly. Well you've picked
      on the right nitpicker with me but hopefully you accept my
      criticisms as encouragement.