Re: Milton 41713 Horsemeat

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10, 2013
      Dear Milt
      Re: "Stop me from chewing my nails"
      When I was a little brat, I also had a habit of thumb sucking and nail biting.
      To cure me of this addiction, Mother would coat my digits with an unguent called Bitter Aloes.
      So, did it cure me? Not on your Nelly. I would suck it all off;stick out my thumb and ask for "More Mummy,More".
      It must run in our family because when my young sister was at college
      she would compose her essays with her right hand holding the pen and her left thumb firmly stuck in her mouth.Perhaps it was a case of serendipity for she possessed the gift of collating our mother tongue
      into the delightful,if sometimes argumentative,loquacious gems of wisdom which remain to this day and have withstood the trials of raising a wonderful family of her own.

      You are not alone Milt.Keep chipping away.