Re: THE PATENT PROCESS OF PROGRESSION. (Bernard 41687)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2013
      Hi Bernie
      And a very happy New Year to you old mate.
      Seems many members have yet to discover how to unscrew the tops of those fountain pens they had in their Xmas stocking.

      Re: "Local Council Chambers"
      Being a member of the District Council,which is the next step up the ladder,the only Local Council meeting I attended was one when I was invited to express the thoughts of the District Council on a particular matter concerning the Locals.
      I was favourably impressed with the turnout but realised many turned up just to see what I had to say short of setting the meeting aflame.

      Re: "Seen the face of apathy"
      I was recently sent an e-mail with pictures portraying a normal day's
      hearing of the European Parliament assembly.
      Most members (or should I say embers) were either asleep, scratching an itch, attending to facial make-up or reading girly magazines.

      I never had that problem when I served my part of Cornwall.
      With the benefit of pre-knowledge of the meeting's agenda,I would research all the possible pros & cons of any matters due for discussion and usually would wake up the assembly with a contentious item during 'Any other Questions'.
      Silently I imagined my fellow councilors moaning as they settled down for another session from that young upstart,when they were preparing to vacate the chamber for the ride home to tea(or supper).

      Bernie my friend, there are quite a few dedicated representatives of the proletariat and those who would be their masters, who serve their fellows without thought of reward other than the occasional thanks
      when the vote is passed in their favour.

      'Tis often a thankless task but one I would recommend to anyone wishing to see the full spectrum of the society in which we live and the opportunity to 'Make a difference'.

      Good to welcome you back on board.
      As Always
      Wings.