THE PATENT PROCESS OF PROGRESSION. F

  • Bernard d
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2013
      THE PATENT PROCESS OF PROGRESSION.

      From my chosen point of vantage, providing isolation but a view,

      I identified, a group of questionable leaders, and a woeful retinue.

      I pondered mumbled assent, following on reasoning quite absurd,

      discussed, in disinterested monotone without emphasis on a word.

      Disinterest is infectious and I found I needed to relieve monotony.

      Can I nullify, all this boredom with the cast under closer scrutiny?

      Perhaps there is hidden within their lethargy some tiny vital spark,

      I may chance upon actual activity, if on critical analysis I embark!

      A movement draws attention, could that be, a gesture of her hand?

      No she's folded her papers…she's fanning! Ah, now I
      understand.

      Would you believe it? This fanning business is contagious as well,

      people beside her have joined right in the action…truth it is to
      tell!

      It has to be to keep awake, because this building is air conditioned,

      you'd almost swear some already sleep by how they are positioned.

      Hands move to programmed gestures and lolling heads nod in sync,

      as most gaze vacantly about, with lack-lustre eyes that seldom blink.

      Now 'tis with due trepidation that this morbid Status Quo I mention,

      I have seen the face of Apathy and this was truly never my intention.

      I had no wish to witness, what could be vitality's final dying
      embers,

      I merely thought, I'd view one meeting at the local council
      chambers…

      ©. Copyright: Bernard de Silva…January 31st. 2013.