Message from and Ojibwe friend:

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2013
      A recent discussion started by Devery Fairbanks resulted in this list of Native Authors; we talked about starting a Native Authors Book Club!!

      WAY TO RAINY MOUNTAIN, N. Scott Momaday. ALMANAC OF THE DEAD, CEREMONY, Leslie Marmon Silko. ELSIES BUSINESS. Simon Ortiz. Natalie Diaz. Joy Harjo. Jim Northrup. Ofelia Zepeda. Joseph Marshall. Kim Blaeser. Luci Tapahanso. Roberta 'Bobbie' Hill. OSAGE ROSE, Tom Holm. THE DANCE BOOTS, Linda LaGarde Grover. DRAGONFLY DANCER, Denise Lajimodiere. FLIGHT, BUSINESS OF FANCYDANCING, ABSOLUTELY TRUE DIARY OF A ...Sherman Alexie. MADONNA SWAN Mark St. Pierre. PALE INDIAN, PENGUINS & CHINA DOLLS, Robert Alexie. FOOLS CROW, James Welch. NIGHT FLYING WOMAN, Ignatia Broker. THREE DAY ROAD, Joseph Boyden. HIAWATHA, David Treuer. GRASS DANCER, Susan Power. MONKEY BEACH, Eden Robinson. SOLAR STORMS, MEAN SPIRIT, DWELLINGS, CALLING MYSELF HOME, Linda Hogan. ASSASSINATION OF HOLE IN TH.E DAY, and others, by Anton Treuer. WO...MAN WHO OWNED THE SHADOWS, Paula Gunn Allen. THE RESERVATION, Ted C. Williams. SENECA MYTHS & TALES, Arthur C. Parker. NOT VANISHING, Chrystos. AMONG THE DOG EATERS, Adrian Louis. DEER WOMAN, LAST STANDING WOMAN, Winona LaDuke. GRAND AVENUE, Greg Sarris. LA MARAVILLA, Alfredo Vea, Jr. TIDES, TRAINS, & TOWNS, Emma LaRocque. TWO OLD WOMEN, Velma Wallis.

      as well as: (may be some duplicates)
      Treuer, Anton. Ojibwe in Minnesota (St. Paul: MN Historical Society Press, 2009).

      Treuer, Anton. Everything You Wanted to Know About Indians But Were Afraid to Ask (St. Paul: MN Historical Society Press, 2012).

      William Warren. History of the Ojibway People (St. Paul: MN Historical Society Press, 1985).

      Rethinking Columbus. Milwaukee: Rethinking Schools, 1991.

      Child, Brenda. We Hold Our World Together. Lincoln: University of Nebraska, 2012.

      Child, Brenda. Boarding School Seasons. Lincoln: University of Nebraska, 1995.

      Kegg, Maude. Portage Lake: Memories of an Ojibwe Childhood. Minneapolis: University of MN, 1991.

      Treuer, Anton. "Ojibwe Lifeways," Minnesota Conservation Volunteer (September-October 2012).

      Literature:

      Treuer, Anton. Living Our Language: Ojibwe Tales & Oral Histories (St. Paul: MN Historical Society Press, 2001).

      Nelson, Kimberly. I Will Remember. (Bemidji: Loonfeather Press, 1995).

      Erdrich, Louise. The Roundhouse.

      Erdrich, Louise. The Birchbark House.

      Broker, Ignatia. Night Flying Woman. (St. Paul: MN Historical Society Press, 1983).