New Year Resolution for 2013.

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2013
      New Year Resolution.
      Gentlemen of t2w,
      None of you have ever taken me to task for using
      the basic salutation : "Hi" to begin my communications
      with you. So why, you may well ask, does he treat us with
      such casual terminology. I'll tell you why me `andsomes.
      During my teen years I adopted an erotic attraction to
      members of my opposing sexual make-up; treated them
      all with the utmost courtesy; nestled up to quite a few,
      (to keep them warm, you understand) and reserved the
      word `dear' for them alone except maybe in those
      communications to the taxman, my various editors
      and the clerk of the magistrates court.
      Now Gentlemen, as from this time and date, I will henceforth
      salute you all with DEAR so & so.
      However, please rest assured, I am not `changing sides'
      (heaven forbid, the lasses would never forgive me)
      but I now realise you all have the right to be addressed
      with at least the same respect I show towards my bank
      manager when I'm in the red.
      As from now `Hi' will be moved to the back-burner and
      be reserved for describing elevation above sea level.

      I thank you gentlemen for your past indulgence of my
      crude mode of address to your good selves and wish you,
      one and all, a very happy and promising New Year.
      As Always
      Wings.
    • Jay Doggett
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2013
        Dear Wings,

            Did our opening salutation change due to the internet, do you think, or due to a lack of training in writing letters, or fear of playing for the other team? Or possibly all of the above? I've been pondering this for a while.

        Jay