Re: Happy Birthday Carol (Wings)

  • carol_emt87
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 30, 2012
      Dear Wings,
      Thank you for the good wishes and sentiments. I also appreciate the humor. Only the United States could have the audacity to ask England to move out of its way—go figure. My father served in the U.S. Navy as a medic on the USS Midway during the Korean War. He also mentioned that while serving in the Navy and while serving as a medic, he was quite often seasick. Ah, irony!
      I will raise a glass tomorrow and toast "here's to not acting our age!"
      Always,
      Carol

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Wings081" <wings081@...> wrote:

      > Dear Carol
      > Let us forget the extra year added to your age and celebrate the
      > submissions and advice you offer us on t2w which are ageless and will hopefully continue to keep us on the right track.
      >
      > Carol my dear,you must know how close I am to your country of birth
      > and also how I love to rib you over there without any malice aforethought.
      > It seems lately that the art of humour and open laughter is slipping into the past and to restore your faith in the very good relations between our two countries, I send you not a commercial card but a
      > witticism to brighten your day.
      > Have a great day with my very best wishes.
      > As always
      > Wings.
      >

      > US Navy At Its Best!!
      >

      > The following is the transcript of an ACTUAL radio conversation in October 1995, between a US Navy ship and The British authorities, near the coast off England . The transcript was released by the MoD on 10/10/95.
      >

      > British: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South, to avoid collision.
      >
      > US Navy: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the North, to avoid collision.
      >
      > British: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid collision.
      >
      > US Navy: This is the Captain of US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.
      >
      > British: Negative. I say again. You will have to divert your course.
      >
      > US Navy: This is the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln. The second largest ship in the United States ' Atlantic fleet. We are accompanied by three destroyers, three cruisers and numerous support vessels. I demand that you change your course 15 degrees north. That's 15 degrees north, or counter measures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.
      >
      > British: Sorry we cannot divert. We are a lighthouse.

    • carol_emt87
      Message 2 of 11 , May 2, 2012
        Thanks Jay!