The Koala

  • darrenallgood33
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12 2:27 PM
      Here's one of my favourite poems that I wrote about a year ago. It was also one of the easiest for me to write, so I hope you enjoy it as much as I did writing it....cheers.....

      Sitting snug he hugged the tree,
      His home up high he nestled,
      I passed on by but did espy,
      At a different pace I wrestled,
      While waiting sating on a leaf,
      He made my mind find pleasure,
      A measure of a moment with near disbelief,
      I longed to love his leisure,
      With cute furry ears he found my sound,
      Using claws to clasp the bark,
      He casually glanced at me on the ground,
      Barely bemused before the dark,
      Neighbours of nature swam and flew,
      In the wide, wild forest and river,
      As the evening brought a deepening dew,
      And another dusk did deliver,
      The tall timber is also a haven for more,
      Spiders, snakes, lizards and the like,
      But of this little bundle I was in awe,
      As they're hard to see without a hike,
      His domain remains in Eucalyptus trees,
      Idly ambling to forage for food,
      A marvellous marsupial species,
      Lingering long on leaves he's chewed,
      Sauntering beneath summers swollen sun,
      He tediousely toils and tires,
      Until he decides his race is run,
      Then sleep is all he desires,
      So that is where I'll leave him for now,
      At peace on a perch in a wood,
      while I wander and wonder how,
      He continues as a Koala should.