Armageddon Dec 21st 2011

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2012
      Armageddon
      If we listen to `old wives tales' I doubt very much if any new author on t2w will have their works published this year because the Mayan Calendar has predicted that on the winter solstice of December 21st this year our planet will cease to exist and as the average time for a manuscript to be lifted from the slush pile for reading is 12 months you could be up the creek without the proverbial.
      Fear not my friends, it's all a load of Codd's wallop. Those ancients didn't know poo from pudding.
      Oh, there were some bright ones such as Archimedes of Syracuse, him wot wuz murdered by the Romans in the siege of Syracuse ( 211 BCE)
      Tell yer what : I'm going to use his buoyancy theory for calculating the dimensions of my ark, which I'm constructing, just in case NIBIRU (planet X) is lurking up there ready to pounce.

      If any member is interested in making (or losing) a penny or two, I have arranged for £1 million GB pounds (1,532,567 .USD)from my funds to be placed in escrow with a top Swiss bank to be paid out to any person placing the same amount, if the Mayan Calendar prediction is proved correct. I favour Kreditansalt (better known as Credit Suisse) but I'll settle for a NY branch if you so wish. So, if anyone fancies their chances, let me know and I'll pass on the details and address and one of us can make a quick few bucks on December 22nd(my wedding anniversary).
      As always
      Wings (aka Nostradamus)