For all the writing teachers!

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2011
      Dear Writer & Poets:

      My friend, Carol, who teaches English in Soporo, Japan shared this link with me. It will either make you laugh or weep.

      Suzianne

      http://bethanyamandamiller.wordpress.com/2011/02/22/the-56-bestworst-analogies-written-by-high-school-students/
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2011
        Hi Suzi.
        Re. "It will either make you laugh or weep"
        I did both except for the second number 3:
        "McBride fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a Hefty bag filled with vegetable soup".
        Once I'd looked up the definition of the term 'Hefty Bag'(I'm a Brit) I thought the simile was quite good and could imagine the contents of a bag containing human remains after dropping 12 stories.

        Vegetable soup might be an accurate description. Much the same as a suicide bomber in his truck on his way to meet up with his 27 virgins as promised.

        Good laugh Suzi
        As ever
        Wings.