Fw: for those in the vicinity of Chicago, from Charlie Newman

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2011

      Mon, Oct 3

      7:00pm - 10:00pm

      Cafe Ballou

      939 N Western Ave.

      Chicago, Illinois

      Chicago Calling Participants include a project done in collaboration with the munich_word_brigade (agent_k9, proto ee 163 in Munich, Germany)Zan Hoffman (Louisville, KY); and chicago_word_brigade (granex_plubar_monocrostix, Teliyani_Dēvadūta)

      Also featuring:

      Bob Rashkow (Chicago) and Orin Buck (New York)

      Esteban Colon (Chicago) and Tony Renner (St. Louis, MO)

      Susan Swanton (Tartu, Estonia) and Matt Barton (Chicago)

      Buddha309 (Chicago) and Bill George (Dangerfield, TX)

      Robin Fine (Chicago) and Oz Hardwic (London)

      Wayne Allen Jones (Chicago) and Zack Kluckman (Albuquerque, NM)

      Janet Kuypers (Chicago) and the HA!man (South Africa)

      Jenene O. Ravesloot (Chicago) and Stephanie Miller (Atlanta, GA)

      Charlie Rossiter (Chicago) and Tom Nicotera (Hartford, CT)

      Chicago Calling is a multi-arts collaboration festival. During the 6th Annual Chicago Calling Arts Festival, people in Chicago work with people outside of Chicago — both here in the U.S. and abroad. These collaborations include a range of art forms, such as music, dance, film, literature, and intermedia — and they are prepared or improvised. Some Chicago Calling events involve live feeds between Chicago and other locations

      Chicago Calling is an amazing event, and this year the Weirdos at W4tB are helping to curate. That mostly means that we are asking if people are interested in performing at our venue with their collaborator. Give us a yell if you have a cunning plan or if you need to be hooked up with an artistic partner,we might be able to direct you. Contact us at waiting4bus@...

      Fri, Oct 7
      7:30-9:30pm

      St Paul's Cultural Center

      2215 w North Ave

      First Friday Top shelf Poets

      The Omniphonic Challenge

      (The Battle of the Poetry Bands)

      Featuring Omniphonic Zootsuitbeatnick, the Bob Lawrence X-perience and The Second Axing