Haven't posted in a bit

  • Jay Doggett
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2010
      Hi all,

          I've been lurking the list for a while, head down completing my first novel. Just wanted you all to know after what seems like countless rounds of edits, it's really complete. This week I sent out my first query letter to an agent.

          The novel is titled "Blade and Arrow, Legend of the Mindswords, Volume 1"

          if you're interested I can post the synopsis I sent to the agent. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

      Jay
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2010
        Dear Jay,

        Good for you. Completing a first novel is an important milestone. Best of luck with what will follow.

        Suzianne

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2010
          Hi Jay
          Re. "If you're interested"
          We are always interested in any submissions. Especially from members embarking on the lonely road to publication.
          So tempt us with your synopsis and I'm sure you'll be surprised with comments in your favour.
          As lways
          Wings
        • Jay Doggett
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 5, 2010
            Thank you, Wings and Susan!

            Here is the synopsis:

            I love a story with a great mythos and characters that solve problems with their intellect first, pick their fights with care, and live by a code of honor.  Blade and Arrow spotlights this uncommon type of hero.

            Jake Hardie, his friends Alex, Ryan, and Tony hike into the woods and accidentally stumble into a portal to another world. There, the boys discover deadly rat creatures enslaving and feeding on humans. The situation grows worse when the boys learn one of the Old Gods stalks them.

            Jay

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 10, 2010
              Dear Jay

              Re : "Rat creatures enslaving and feeding on humans"
              Enslaving of humans was the theme of'Planet of the Apes'.
              However, there is always room for more of this type of semi-horror story to keep the kiddies 'bahaving or else'.
              Perhaps a short chapter will give members something to 'chew on'to evoke an encouraging response for you.

            • Jay Doggett
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 11, 2010
                Wings,

                    Thank you for the suggestion. I'll have to mull over what to post! I realize the synopsis isn't much to go on.