Libertine Leaving Life Limericks.

  • Bernard d
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2010

      Libertine Leaving Life Limericks.

      Subscribing to that notion long held,

      `proper' Limericks should be impolite…

      One drunken  mature, called Bernie,

      said nearing the end of life's journey,

      "Let me die abed with a tart,

      then lever, those bodies apart.

      She can go her way, as they burn me.

      Another old roué they called Robbo,

      an epitome, of the Australian Yobbo,

      said, "book one for me too,

      any street walker, will do."

      Bring her around, downright pronto.

      A long retired Sky Pilot, called Bruce,

      said, "you Yobbos appear most obtuse,"

      I should hope, that tart,

      some disease does impart.

      May your lifespan extend, with misuse…

      ©. Copyright: Bernard de Silva. 31/7/ 2010.

      (Yobbo, uncouth and ill mannered individual,

      an Aussie equivalent of a `Redneck' or the like.)

    • Jay Doggett
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2010
        Hi all,

            I've been lurking the list for a while, head down completing my first novel. Just wanted you all to know after what seems like countless rounds of edits, it's really complete. This week I sent out my first query letter to an agent.

            The novel is titled "Blade and Arrow, Legend of the Mindswords, Volume 1"

            if you're interested I can post the synopsis I sent to the agent. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

        Jay
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2010
          Dear Jay,

          Good for you. Completing a first novel is an important milestone. Best of luck with what will follow.

          Suzianne

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 1, 2010
            Hi Jay
            Re. "If you're interested"
            We are always interested in any submissions. Especially from members embarking on the lonely road to publication.
            So tempt us with your synopsis and I'm sure you'll be surprised with comments in your favour.
            As lways
            Wings
          • Jay Doggett
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 5, 2010
              Thank you, Wings and Susan!

              Here is the synopsis:

              I love a story with a great mythos and characters that solve problems with their intellect first, pick their fights with care, and live by a code of honor.  Blade and Arrow spotlights this uncommon type of hero.

              Jake Hardie, his friends Alex, Ryan, and Tony hike into the woods and accidentally stumble into a portal to another world. There, the boys discover deadly rat creatures enslaving and feeding on humans. The situation grows worse when the boys learn one of the Old Gods stalks them.

              Jay

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 10, 2010
                Dear Jay

                Re : "Rat creatures enslaving and feeding on humans"
                Enslaving of humans was the theme of'Planet of the Apes'.
                However, there is always room for more of this type of semi-horror story to keep the kiddies 'bahaving or else'.
                Perhaps a short chapter will give members something to 'chew on'to evoke an encouraging response for you.

              • Jay Doggett
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 11, 2010
                  Wings,

                      Thank you for the suggestion. I'll have to mull over what to post! I realize the synopsis isn't much to go on.