Re: Watch ... it might be just a matter of time.(Richard 39207)

  • Richard...
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 12, 2009
      Isn't it something? Thanks wings.Time is certainly busy in our society and as you pointed out,in the end turning to spite us.
      Well now, my brother and I were talking about this whole word thing and we came to the conclusion that the word "SET" is the grand daddy of of all words in use. The list would exceed the length of WAR and PEACE.
      Just think of all the prefixes that are possible to pair up.
      I'll be sure to add your offering as well to my collection.

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "wings081" <wings081@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > Time as you so rightly say, is a good teacher `but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.'
      > "The Time has come" the walrus said "to speak of many things"
      > `In a moment of Time' Oates left the tent and said: "I may be some Time".
      > Perhaps that was a Time to be born and a Time to die.
      > So `Get me to the church on Time'
      >
      > Time to go
      >

      > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Richard..." <icyimeir@> wrote:
      > >
      > > ON TIME
      > >
      > > Some of Those things we can have;
      > >
      > > Perfect timing
      > > Bad timing
      > > Plenty of time
      > > Quality time
      > > Time management
      > > Valuable time
      > > A time frame
      > > A time factor
      > > Time to kill
      > > Coffee time
      > > Tea time
      > > Crunch time
      > > Supper time
      > > Lunch time
      > > Miller time
      > > A good time
      > > A bad time
      > > Time constraints
      > > Time delays
      > > Time signatures
      > > Time stamping
      > > Time capsules
      > > Time warps? (Well, Hollywood can.)
      > >
      > > we can have;
      > > Summertime
      > > Wintertime
      > > Springtime
      > > ... but curiously enough we can't lay claim to Autumn time -
      > > (We just have to let that one ...fall. It's something that just is.)
      > >
      > > Some of those things which TIME does, or can do;
      > >
      > > Time will tell
      > > Time flies
      > > Time catches up with you
      > > Time will pass you by
      > > Time has a way of making hero's out of villans
      > > Time marches on
      > > Time ticks away
      > > Time stands still
      > > Time is natures way of saying there are plenty of places to begin
      > > Time can do wonders
      > > Time can heal all wounds
      > > Time can be a good teacher
      > >
      > > Some of those things which we ourselves can do with TIME;
      > >
      > > We can find time
      > > We can lose time
      > > We can save time
      > > We can spend time
      > > We can do time
      > > We can do hang time
      > > We can honor a tradition with it
      > > We can let things run the course of time,
      > > Run out of time ... and I'm just about there now as a matter of fact
      > > I might well have said, time constrains me to say more about it, but
      > > I've simply gotten to the bottom of my imaginings about time. Suffice it
      > > to say there's only ONE thing better than having a lot of time ...

    • Richard...
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 12, 2009
        I'm smiling,thinking about all the wheels turning when people read this. It's infectious isn't it?
        Thank you for you comment. I'm sure there are still a couple I didn't think of.